Unibet.. New Sponsor

sidcow

So has anyone seen reference to how much the deal is for? 

I guess it rules out the ability Tony to pump money in via some back scratching in China. 

The Official News Post suggests it for this season only but doesn't specify figures:

Aston Villa Football Club are pleased to announce Unibet as our new principal partner.

Unibet are a multi award-winning online gambling operator and their logo will appear on the front of the new Under Armour kits, which are revealed today.

The deal with Unibet - part of the Kindred Group - is for the 2017/18 season.

Clearly the intent will be to pull bigger deal when promoted so maybe the best option that would agree to a 1 year deal. 

Just why do they have to have such a bad logo?! Just looks childish.

Edited by cyrusr

Well they are more confident of promotion than I am! 

Going for 1 year only means I assume we didn't get the absolute best deal we could. As our transfer policy is already being reigned in by FFP I would have expected us to get the best deal we possibly could! 

Acorns was my previous fave.

As much as I dislike what gambling can lead to, I accept the need to take advantage of gambling companies. As for how it looks, I tend to look past the sponsor's logo on our shirts. It's like looking at a really nice car. I don't focus on the tyres, wipers or number plates. They are what they are, not attractive but necessary.

Edited by brommy
  • Like 3

1 year is because Xi has shutdown the money machines in China, and if you cross the party the same magic that made you someone will make you no-one. Seems our dear leader is somewhat intelligent.

Unibet -- not a single cent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Going for 1 year only means I assume we didn't get the absolute best deal we could. As our transfer policy is already being reigned in by FFP I would have expected us to get the best deal we possibly could! 

I would guess this is the best deal we possibly could have got at this time and in our current division but we only gave them a year because if we get up we will get a significantly better deal next season. 

said in the keith wyness thread a while ago id actually be disappointed if we resorted to tony pumping in his own cash through some sort of FFP loophole already

we're big enough to bring in a decent sponsorship draw still, the 1 year deal would tie our hands a fair bit at a guess

we dont have recon on the shirt, we dont have something on the back, we dont have sock sponsors, we've got still got a bit in the tank, need 3/4 more partners this summer (if utd can have an official diesel engine partner why cant we?)

as for moaning about it being a betting company? that ship has sailed

I thinks as well that the one year deal reflects on the time we had to find and negotiate a partner - the commercial management side of the club, Luke Organ and the people who negotiated this deal, wouldn't have had as long as they'd have liked to get it in place. It's quite a long process and the team were all new and thrown into the job last season with an awful lot of things to concentrate on. The process of finding and negotiating our next deal has already begun.

• Like 2

Â