PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

villarule123

I can't imagine how horrible this game is at 30fps. What were they thinking? 

It's not impossible to play at 60fps, especially on the new Xbox. I'd be pissed if I spent £450 and the games weren't using the extra power. I can get 100fps with few drops so there's no way the new Xbox can't get past 30.

Been playing the new map the last couple of days, a welcome change and the game is a lot more polished now. 

10 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I can't imagine how horrible this game is at 30fps. What were they thinking? 

It's not impossible to play at 60fps, especially on the new Xbox. I'd be pissed if I spent £450 and the games weren't using the extra power. I can get 100fps with few drops so there's no way the new Xbox can't get past 30.

Been playing the new map the last couple of days, a welcome change and the game is a lot more polished now. 

Yeah apparently it will be 60fps on the X but it's still in development. Needs to happen.

PUBG is apparently notoriously badly optimised with even half decent PCs struggling with it. Given that the Xbox One was underpowered in the first place and the X predominately pumps power into the graphics, I'm not surprised it runs dog rough at this stage. Hopefully they'll fix it because there is clearly a very good game in there, but right now that game is buried under bad performance for a great many people even on PC. 

48 minutes ago, Chindie said:

PUBG is apparently notoriously badly optimised with even half decent PCs struggling with it. Given that the Xbox One was underpowered in the first place and the X predominately pumps power into the graphics, I'm not surprised it runs dog rough at this stage. Hopefully they'll fix it because there is clearly a very good game in there, but right now that game is buried under bad performance for a great many people even on PC. 

Yeah genuinely feels like it needs to be reworked from the ground up by a better dev team on a better engine.

Part of why I'd love DICE to do it, think they'd nail it. 

50 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I will preface by saying at the 1.00 build of PUBG that effectively takes it out of Beta is an optimised build which is to be expected. Anyone struggling to run PUBG when 1.00 comes out needs to look at their own systems and be 100% honest with themselves, as it's likely not the game anymore. Now as for PUBG on the whole. I think over the last 8 months a lot of people forgot that it was an early access game, that it was unoptimised because it was in development code that is allowed to unoptimised. This games runaway success on PC has likely hurt its reputation unfairly, as I really do think people forgot that it was still in early access and not a finished product. The Xbox One build is a dumpster fire and likely shouldn't have even been released on Game Preview, but it will get better and those that have bought in to test in development code of the game need to understand that. This game is allowed to run like colossal ass until it leaves Beta and right now it's really bad especially on OG Xbox One hardware. 

So ultimately, PC version is in great shape now and when 1.00 leaves the test server in a few days it will be the game most people that bought in were hoping it would be. Xbox One is in rough shape and is likely the least polished a game has ever hit Game Preview, but it will get better assuming its issues aren't due to hardware bottlenecks. I'm not sure what Microsoft will do if these frame rate issues are insurmountable because Xbox One and Xbox One X have very weak CPU's, as PUBG is heavily CPU bound, it's why the Xbox One X version of it can run at 4K already because its terrible frame rate is due to its shit CPU. 

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I kinda wish they had have waited a year a put Zen CPU's in the X. 

Would have helped a lot as the Jaguar Core Architecture sucked when the Xbox One was announced 5 years ago and it still sucks now. 

Xbox One X is a beast it's got a very capable GPU in it for a single purpose system like a games console, but that CPU is trash and I don't know why both Sony and Microsoft stuck with it for their "supercharged" platforms as it's a huge bottleneck now. 

I will be curious to see how PUBG advances on Xbox One as it's running Very Low Settings on OG Xbox One, Medium Settings on Xbox One X and neither can run it at a stable 30FPS currently.

Edited by Daweii
Corrected the visual settings.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Daweii said:

I will preface by saying at the 1.00 build of PUBG that effectively takes it out of Beta is an optimised build which is to be expected. Anyone struggling to run PUBG when 1.00 comes out needs to look at their own systems and be 100% honest with themselves, as it's likely not the game anymore. 

In terms of fps, it's doing better. I never drop below 60 now, when it used to dip below 30. They just have to sort out the frequent crashes, and terrible rubber banding... 

People are forgetting that this game isn't technically out.

It is available only as part of the game preview program (basically steam early access)

You are esentially paying to be a beta tester and getting the full game at a discounted price once it is eventually released properly.

Framerate, graphics,controls etc can & will be changed prior to the game being officially released sometime next year

People are forgetting that this game isn't technically out.

I can't agree with this.

It's one thing having it as an online only early access game on Steam or even on the Xbox store, but I think I have to draw the line when you can walk in to Tesco and buy a boxed copy, that's been rushed out for Christmas sales. I don't care what version number they give it or what disclaimer they put on the box.

Edited by Davkaus

Hopefully the performance patch that's currently on the PC test servers works miracles on Xbox, especially the original Xbox One, because it looks like dogshit. 10-20 FPs regularly, and it looks like something from 10 years ago.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I can't agree with this.

It's one thing having it as an online only early access game on Steam or even on the Xbox store, but I think I have to draw the line when you can walk in to Tesco and buy a boxed copy, that's been rushed out for Christmas sales. I don't care what version number they give it or what disclaimer they put on the box.

It's just a code in box a rather than a disc & does say game preview version in a big yellow box on the front of the case & has " Game Preview: Game is unfinished and work in progress, may change over time, and may not release as a final product. [xbox.com/gamepreview] " clearly visible on the packaging.

This video I will post below really outlines why I think they released this Game Preview too early.

Now I understand that this is in-development code, I even made the claim myself in a post yesterday that over time people on PC forgot that PUBG was still in-development code and allowed to run like shit. That said the initial release of PUBG into Early Access in March of this year was in a vastly more playable state than this.

My issue isn't that its in-development code. My issue is that the build is that unplayable right now that it would have benefited them to keep the build internal until more progress had been made. The whole idea of Game Preview on Xbox is weird as it doesn't really need a paid alpha/beta to iron out performance, Xbox One and One X are single hardware SKU's they don't need a mass play test to optimise weaknesses as everyone loading in is using one of them. Now I understand the purpose of Early Access on PC because everyone loading in likely has a different configuration of hardware, the devs benefit from having all that telemetry data from every play session knowing that Bob with his i7 6700K and GTX 670 averaged 40FPS using these settings, while Steve averaged 80FPS with this hardware and these settings, it's helpful but they don't need that on Xbox. Launching Game Preview in this state doesn't help the game and it doesn't help the already low perception of Xbox One. They could have launched Game Preview in 6-12 months from now when the title is polished and had a paid beta solely to figure out server load. 

Those is my two cents at least, now the video..

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't know how it would be possible or even remotely feasible but MS should get 343 to completely rebuild this game to optimise it on Xbox. It's ****. It's really really fun but doesn't work right. 

Microsoft already have way too many people trying to fix this dumpster fire of a beta release. They have the team that has been essential to backwards compatibility on Xbox One working on this, they also have The Coalition who developed Gears of War 4 also working on the game. These are teams that know the Xbox One inside and out wasting their time on something that should have spent longer gestating before they released it. I get that it's Early Access code, but there should be common sense on just how early you grant access. 

Take the PC version. That game was in Early Access for 9 months and it left Early Access earlier today, it's now considered a full release. Though the only way that was possible was because when it entered Early Access in March 2017 it was damn polished for what it was, not as polished as it now is, but polished. PUBG on Xbox hasn't been afforded that same luxury and I don't get it, were they just that confident that it would sell regardless? Who knows. Either way the teams working on getting the Xbox version playable in a speedy time frame have a horrible job ahead of them. 

Now I understand that not everyone has a PC to play PUBG on, but it just launched on PC and is in phenomenal shape, runs well, plays flawlessly and it's a shame that those on Xbox have to put up with this. I know for a fact if the PC version entered Early Access in the same exact state it would not be the 25 million+ selling monolith it is today, but here's hoping they can fix it cause they damn well gotta fix it now. I would have kept development of the Xbox version internal for another 6 months as the bubble isn't bursting on this game/genre any time soon, there was no rush.  

• Like 1

Â