Random Airline News

On 28/06/2020 at 14:24, mikeyp102 said:

I had flights in March with Norwegian Air, took about 4 weeks to get money back. 
Jet2 Gave refund in about 2 weeks

I have heard good things about Jet2 - I hope so, as I found out last night that a trip to Malta has been cancelled.  Apparently they're now not flying out from Birmingham there until next April :bang:

Oh well - a trip to Iceland around Christmas time it is then!

At least we all have that automatic EU flight compensation for cancelled flights to fall back on... Oh wait... 

In good news for me though jet2 are flying direct to cologne from brum starting Dec, flybe have left a massive hole 

It's hard to have sympathy for airlines when they treat people like this with vouchers and the repayment timescales involved during a pandemic.

It's just a dirty cartel kept alive by price fixing and treating customers like pigs in a lorry. 

How valued you are to them as customers is pretty clear now though I suppose.

Three months later and I’m still waiting for my £500 back from Virgin Airlines. It turns out the outbound flight was cancelled and, even though I booked it through Opodo, I’ve discovered the contract is still with Virgin Airlines.

Good article here that might be of use to others:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/jun/24/get-this-message-over-to-airlines-stop-passing-the-buck-over-refunds

It claims customers’ contracts are with the agent, not the airline. This is untrue. Opodo’s terms and conditions, like other booking platforms, make clear that the customer’s contract is with the travel provider. “While the contract is between the customer and travel supplier

I’m also now being led a merry dance by Ryanair for cancelled flights to Barcelona. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Sad 1

Easyjet cancelled my flight last week and sent me an email either offering a re-booking, a voucher, or full refund. 

Took the full refund of course!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

So, back at the end of June, having had our Virgin Atlantic flights cancelled I requested a refund via their online service (as there was no chance of speaking to an employee on the phone) and I heard nothing back.

last week, I again tried to contact VA but again no employees available to discuss on the phone so did the SMS service.

finally got confirmation of our refund being processed but will take an additional 80 days to finalise...

I’m relieved we’re getting the money back but have already wasted 6 weeks trying their online service first :( 

• Sad 1
On 18/08/2020 at 10:21, theboyangel said:

So, back at the end of June, having had our Virgin Atlantic flights cancelled I requested a refund via their online service (as there was no chance of speaking to an employee on the phone) and I heard nothing back.

last week, I again tried to contact VA but again no employees available to discuss on the phone so did the SMS service.

finally got confirmation of our refund being processed but will take an additional 80 days to finalise...

I’m relieved we’re getting the money back but have already wasted 6 weeks trying their online service first :( 

My flights been cancelled and I wasn’t even notified by them. What a shambles

• Sad 1
16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My flights been cancelled and I wasn’t even notified by them. What a shambles

Dem, call this number and get the SMS service started 

Virgin 03448747747

I had a positive result within 48hrs (result being confirmation my refund will be processed)

• 2 months later...

Finally confirmation my refund will be paid within 7 days by Virgin Atlantic - took way too long to sort out and have no desire to book with them again anytime soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2020 at 23:36, Zatman said:

Still waiting for money back from SAS, absolute scum. Will never use them again

I got money back from them this week.

11 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I got money back from them this week.

Was the same actually though ai took a voucher, I heard the government was putting lots of pressure on them to fix this

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Was the same actually though ai took a voucher, I heard the government was putting lots of pressure on them to fix this

They did so I guess that's why they paid out

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

They did so I guess that's why they paid out

I thought it was because I sent an angry email to the CEO office on Sunday. Well I will claim its down to me 😂

• Haha 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â