Telford a 12th July 19.45

BOF

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It is weird watching Amavi fire crossfield balls with pinpoint accuracy at ease but at VP it all goes to shit. Surely that ability is there no matter what the level.

I think it's a confidence thing.

Saw plenty of games last season where he'd look decent for half an hour, then make one mistake and spiral into absurd shiteness for the rest of the game.

I guess in a pre-season game like this there's no pressure so he relaxes.

Also, don't underestimate the amount of time and lack of pressure you get in pre-season. I went to the Cambridge game last season and Gardner ran the show, pinging pin point passes all over the place. But he basically had the midfield to himself.

Edited by Stevo985

Entertaining enough game if rather one sided. Samba, Green & O'Hare probably the best of the bunch but against part time opposition who have an entirely new squad from last season it doesn't really mean a great deal.

Baker should seriously consider wearing one of those Petr Cech helmets, The amount of head injuries he gets is beyond a joke and must be quite concerning for his long term health. At  least something like that may help cushion some of the impact

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So was one match with our 'first team' and one match with our 'second team'?

or were the players all mixed up? 

Mixed ender, I've watched both games now and I must point out (I know the level of opposition was mediocre at best) that Hourihane and Lansbury both had very good games in either game, I've seen comments here comparing their selection to Lampard and Gerrard, i.e. they can't play in the same team and I'm beginning to think there's something in that. 

Very impressed with the young lads, McKirdy and O'Hare in particular. 

Side note: Samba in!

• Like 1

I tried to watch the Telford game but the YT picture was either fuzzy or it went into freeze mode. (maybe AV effected the feed)

When it worked ok I can honestly say that there appeared no particular playing style all a bit random so not impressed with the snippets I saw.

So I watched a little more of the Kidder game. seemed a carbon copy.

I fear that we are totally ignorant of a game plan/style. Relying on our obvious superior handfull of players to get us out of jail.

first signs - not good enough for me to change my opinion that we wont get top 2 with Bruce's tactics/style.

13 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I tried to watch the Telford game but the YT picture was either fuzzy or it went into freeze mode. (maybe AV effected the feed)

When it worked ok I can honestly say that there appeared no particular playing style all a bit random so not impressed with the snippets I saw.

So I watched a little more of the Kidder game. seemed a carbon copy.

I fear that we are totally ignorant of a game plan/style. Relying on our obvious superior handfull of players to get us out of jail.

first signs - not good enough for me to change my opinion that we wont get top 2 with Bruce's tactics/style.

Confirmation Bias.

Â