Telford a 12th July 19.45

BOF

All change at Telford today, Chairman gone, quickly followed out of the door by management duo Rob Smith & Larry Chambers.

Rob Edwards (Ex-Wolves) appointed as new manager amidst takeover/investment talk or maybe they are finally just giving up and turning into Wolves reserves/feeder team. U21's play their games there and multiple young players loaned in every year.

*Edit

Nothing official yet and seems unlikely to be any official change in ownership but seems to be lots of noise about fosun/wolves chucking a load of money at Telford to cover the cost of the players that will be joining them on loan or being developed there  with use of wolves training facilities/physios in order to try and get around some of the FFP rules

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 hour ago, villanwesty88 said:

Seems to contradict the OP - how did you sort that? I was planning on turning up on the night but don't want to risk not getting in

I am a teacher at a local school to the club.

I've only just noticed this game.

I have a good mate in Telford so I could very well be up for going to this.

Anyone know if this is likely to be a proper Villa lineup or is it one of those "Villa XI" games?

If tickets are only sold on the night, will there be plenty available? Don't really want to make the drive over there if they're going to be sold out (I have no idea the size of Telford's ground!)

Ground holds 5,000(ish) Attandance for the game there last year was a little under 3000 but that was on a Saturday so a midweek game will attract less.

It will be an 11 of some sort as we also have a game against Kidderminster at exactly the same time.

Squad for last year was : Gollini, Suliman, Elphick, Baker, Cissokho, Gana, Westwood, Green, Ayew, Sinclair, Gestede Subs: Mason, Hepburn-Murphy, McKirdy, Cowans, Johannsen (gk).

We also had a game at worcester the same day although this was later on in the day.

The only possible reason for a big turnout is if the team is announced early and it ends up being Terrys debut, Big players can attract big attendances at Telford, Nearly 7,000 turned up to watch wolves reserves vs liverpool a few years back as gerrard was playing after recovering from injury (safety certificate has since reduced the capacity)

• Like 3

I have a few 'family' passes for the games which are for 2 adults and 2 children, if anyone would like to buy one to save some money then I would put it towards getting my school football team an end of year treat then let me know.

Edited by steve1986

3 hours ago, villaglint said:

So how will it work with them being streamed on YT? Will they just choose one to stream or do both on separate channels. Feels very good to have some actual football back. 

links to both on official website

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/07/11/watch-telford-kidderminster-games-live-here

Wish they would announce the squads so can make a decision on which game to attend. Telford 10-15 mins away for me but Kiddy only 40 or so but often takes an hour+ due to evening traffic

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

Â