Live on Sky /Kick Off change

andykeenan

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI this kicks off at 17:30 on Saturday and is on SkySportsFootball and SkySportsMainEvent (no idea why they've made more channels but are showing the same game on two of them). 

Sky Sports

A Villa vs Hull CitySky Bet Ch'ship 5:30pm Saturday 5th AugustVilla Park

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

(no idea why they've made more channels but are showing the same game on two of them).

If it's anything like 'Mix' then it'll be a channel where they lob some of their less glamourous subscription stuff on to it for the mere mortal Sky/Virgin subscribers etc.  A kind of a teaser channel.

I'm not sure why but they've rebranded all of their channels and now sky sports main event shows whatever is considered "main event" out of what is on all of the other channels.

Not sure who chooses and how they choose but essentially sky sports main event shows something which is already on another channel all of the time as far as I can tell.

Must be a reason but I'm not sure what it is!

14 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Must be a reason but I'm not sure what it is!

You can choose how many of the sport channels to pay for - so if you just want a mix of "major" action, then that would be the one for you, I guess. But if you like competitive traffic and swish-eff it, then you would go for the F1 and Golf...etc.

They've been losing subscribers, so they're trying to cut costs for themselves and for subscribers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

If it's anything like 'Mix' then it'll be a channel where they lob some of their less glamourous subscription stuff on to it for the mere mortal Sky/Virgin subscribers etc.  A kind of a teaser channel.

It's strange, as there is now SkySportsMainEvent, SkySportsPL, SkySportsFootball, Cricket, Golf, Action and F1... so I suppose whatever is best out of all those channels is on MainEvent? 

We'll probably be on Football mostly and sometimes also on MainEvent. But then what's the point of MainEvent? Jack of all trades master of none.

42 minutes ago, blandy said:

You can choose how many of the sport channels to pay for - so if you just want a mix of "major" action, then that would be the one for you, I guess. But if you like competitive traffic and swish-eff it, then you would go for the F1 and Golf...etc.

They've been losing subscribers, so they're trying to cut costs for themselves and for subscribers.

Thanks for that - makes sense as I suppose there is a market for that main event channel only.

Must be a slow day for sport if us against Hull is the main event on a Saturday evening!! 

Â