John Terry

Farlz

You can't run a sustainable business model for a championship club to pay out 60 grand a week for nearly retired centre back.  That is more pa than the entire tv coverage Sky paid us last season. But we have wasted more than than in the past and we will probably continue to do so moving forwards. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

DCJonah said he is scum of the earth, so thats all I need to know.

:rolleyes:

Seems like "Stan" Petrov has a different view.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

DCJonah said he is scum of the earth, so thats all I need to know.

:rolleyes:

You're a big boy, you can form your own opinion on him. I was sharing mine. 

Personally for me, someone who is a racist, has an affair with a work colleagues partner and behaves so badly in public that their employer has to fine them is a piece of shit. If you don't think so that's fine. As I say you can use your own morals to decide what you deem acceptable in people's behavior. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

Always admired John Terry's approach to a game of football, watched  him for years playing against us and wishing he was playing for us.

felt the same about Robbie Savage too.....just wanted him on our side.

sorry, just love players with a burning desire, even if they do wind up the opposition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Seems like "Stan" Petrov has a different view.

Wow cracking argument. So what? Anton Ferdinand and Wayne Bridge have a different view. 

Since when did Petrov become the authority on human decency?

Like I said, everyone can form their own opinions. In my world, his actions make him a piece of shit IMO. If they don't bother you then fine. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Personally for me, someone who is a racist, has an affair with a work colleague and behaves so badly in public that their employer has to fine them is a piece of shit. If you don't think so that's fine. As I say you can use your own morals to decide what you deem acceptable in people's behavior. 

Pretty sure those things only apply should he choose SHA over us.

I can't see what difference it makes if he's a saint or a complete word removed... as long as he can still play well and add something to our football team then that's good enough for me. We're not trying to organise a soup kitchen or a charity marathon, we need good footballers somewhat regardless of their character defects.

As for the money, I'm not privy to the full accounts or the day to day running of the club... and I'm not an accountant or an economist... I'm a football fan so I'll leave all that boring rubbish to people at the club and I'll just try and enjoy football. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Wow cracking argument. So what? Anton Ferdinand and Wayne Bridge have a different view. 

Since when did Petrov become the authority on human decency?

Like I said, everyone can form their own opinions. In my world, his actions make him a piece of shit IMO. If they don't bother you then fine. 

Not saying he is.....just saying there is more than one view of john Terry, you supplied yours, Stan supplied his.

well I do not know all the finite details that would enable me to make a reasonable judgment and as far as I know there is more than one parties side to these stories.

If you feel like you are in a position to form your opinions of him " off the field" then fine, feel free.

I am not in a position to do that , so can't share your view.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

well I do not know all the finite details that would enable me to make a reasonable judgment and as far as I know there is more than one parties side to these stories.

If you feel like you are in a position to form your opinions of him " off the field" then fine, feel free.

I am not in a position to share to do that , so can't your view.

You're just choosing to ignore facts because he might be signing for your club. 

That's fine. 

I take it you don't make judgements about anyone then if you require every single detail of numerous events in order to do so. 

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 21:01, jim said:

Neither could McGrath but he turned out ok.

he could actually especially in his early days at Villa but he read the game so well he only used his pace when he needed it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I can't see what difference it makes if he's a saint or a complete word removed... as long as he can still play well and add something to our football team then that's good enough for me. We're not trying to organise a soup kitchen or a charity marathon, we need good footballers somewhat regardless of their character defects.

As for the money, I'm not privy to the full accounts or the day to day running of the club... and I'm not an accountant or an economist... I'm a football fan so I'll leave all that boring rubbish to people at the club and I'll just try and enjoy football. 

To be honest, probably not much. If he leads us to promotion, we will be cheering him with the rest of them. 

My original point was aimed at the idea a lot of the stuff about him is just paper reports. When in fact there's clearly documented evidence of his shitty behaviour. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Personally for me, someone who is a racist, has an affair with a work colleagues partner and behaves so badly in public that their employer has to fine them is a piece of shit. If you don't think so that's fine. As I say you can use your own morals to decide what you deem acceptable in people's behavior. 

What did he do badly on public? I haven't heard about that.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

You're just choosing to ignore facts because he might be signing for your club. 

That's fine. 

I take it you don't make judgements about anyone then if you require every single detail of numerous events in order to do so. 

They might be facts to you, they are not facts to me.....but you are attempting to put words in to my mouth, no its not because he might be signing for our club.....

Its because i have watched him play football over the years and if there is a chance we can get him to play for us and give us what he can in a massively important season for us.....He just might be the difference between promotion and non promotion.

I think its a gamble worth making.

and I happen to like John Terry, even if he signs for the Blues......just like I liked Steve Bruce, when he was Blues manager.

because, I like the characters.

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

What did he do badly on public? I haven't heard about that.

Drunk in a hotel weeks after 9/11. Allegedly mocking Americans and laughing at them. However Chelsea fined him and others 2 weeks wages so he was clearly doing something inappropriate. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Drunk in a hotel weeks after 9/11. Allegedly mocking Americans and laughing at them. However Chelsea fined him and others 2 weeks wages so he was clearly doing something inappropriate. 

He must have been very young then. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

They might be facts to you, they are not facts to me.....but you are attempting to put words in to my mouth, no its not because he might be signing for our club.....

Its because i have watched him play football over the years and if there is a chance we can get him to play for us and give us what he can in a massively important season for us.....He just might be the difference between promotion and non promotion.

I think its a gamble worth making.

and I happen to like John Terry, even if he signs for the Blues......just like I liked Steve Bruce, when he was Blues manager.

because, I like the characters.

So the FA finding him guilty of racism isn't a fact to you? 

His club fining him for lewd behaviour in public isn't a fact to you?

Everything whole Wayne Bridge incident isn't a fact for you?

Like I said, you're ignoring facts. 

Just now, PaulC said:

He must have been very young then. 

Yep. And if it's just that incident you say he's a kid being stupid. But it's one of a few throughout his career. Hence he's a piece of shit IMO.

Â