John Terry

Farlz

So reports in the media saying JT could be in line for Bristol job, firstly Congrats if true if he lands it, Secondly thank god if he lands it that it wont be him taking over the reigns if Smith leaves Villa.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So reports in the media saying JT could be in line for Bristol job, firstly Congrats if true if he lands it, Secondly thank god if he lands it that it wont be him taking over the reigns if Smith leaves Villa.

Will be gutted if he succeeds there. Not because i don't wish him well but imagine if we had a top manager right among us all this time...

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not really. Still want him gone but still would be annoying and frustrating if he were to succeed elsewhere

You wish him well but get the **** out.

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Terry is a coach here i dont know why he gets so much criticism but o reilly escapes it as he is the number 2?

He pissed me off when he didn't celebrate our goal against Chelsea

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Terry is a coach here i dont know why he gets so much criticism but o reilly escapes it as he is the number 2?

O' Kelly? Do you mean? I think it's because JT is high profile, whereas ROK, isn't. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

O’Reilly!? The bloke that built Basil Fawlty’s wall?

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's known to the whole of Football that JT is doing his coaching badges and is anticipated to follow Frank Lampard and going into football management.

He gets critism because he's acted like a manager before at Chelsea (RDM years).

He also gets critism for being one of England's most decorated defenders in terms of what he has achieved in the game..   yet we have one of, if not the worst defences, in the Premiership this season!?

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

yet we have one of, if not the worst defences, in the Premiership this season!?

Smith has never had a good defensive record. Not here. Not at Brentford. Not at Walsall.

Was JT at fault at Walsall and Brentford too?

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Smith has never had a good defensive record. Not here. Not at Brentford. Not at Walsall.

Was JT at fault at Walsall and Brentford too?

Don't be so ridiculous.

There is debate and then there is just plain stupidity.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Don't be so ridiculous.

There is debate and then there is just plain stupidity.

We are more defensively solid now because Dean has moved away from his ways.

We aren't playing the high line, fullbacks and midfielders bombing forward risky football anymore. Seems like we have stopped playing out from the back as well.

Our defensive woes was never about JT. It was all about Dean Smith's system, instructions and football philosophy.

We look better defensively now because we play more pragmatic football. Yeah no shit. Not really rocket science is it?

Edited by villalad21

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We are more defensively solid now because Dean has moved away from his ways.

We aren't playing the high line, fullbacks and midfielders bombing forward risky football anymore. Seems like we have stopped playing out from the back as well.

Our defensive woes was never about JT. It was all about Dean Smith's system, instructions and football philosophy.

We look better defensively now because we play more pragmatic football. Yeah no shit. Not really rocket science is it?

Why has Dean Smith suddenly moved away from his ways do you think?

Do you think JT would do a better job of Coaching Villa than Smith?

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

O' Kelly? Do you mean? I think it's because JT is high profile, whereas ROK, isn't. 

Yes oops my bad on that 😂

But i agree ut is because terry is more high profile

• Like 1

I wonder if he looks at Lampard with a hint of jealousy. If he moved straight into management for a championship club and did a respectable but not great job, he could have been the Chelsea manager. Lampard did ok  but nothing more at Derby, and really the only reason that he has got a top 6 job is his playing career with Chelsea.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wonder if he looks at Lampard with a hint of jealousy. If he moved straight into management for a championship club and did a respectable but not great job, he could have been the Chelsea manager. Lampard did ok  but nothing more at Derby, and really the only reason that he has got a top 6 job is his playing career with Chelsea.

I wouldn't say Jealousy overall but more envy towards his mate and see him do well, but I get what you mean.

It has happened quite quick for Frank landing up at Chelsea how he has.

I wonder if it's making JT itch to start getting into coaching management himself.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He gets criticism because obviously Dean when to the training Menu, and clicked on John Terry, and checked the box for defending tactical and defending set pieces.

That's how coaching works. JT = Defence.

Chelsea job is massive pressure though.

Imagine being sacked there when you're a legend at the club.

Â