Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Farlz

John Terry

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Laursen/Mellberg?

Nah, is Laursen even working in the game?

Mellberg might be an interesting oneI imagine he'll add some of the same things Terry does.

But I'd like a real experienced head or 2 in the set up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We seem to be blessed with a management team with humility at the core, led by Dean Smith and John has slotted in to that regime perfectly ......it bodes well going forward.

we are breeding a culture, similar to the Ron Saunders era.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/05/2019 at 13:43, sne said:

If Terry moves on I rather we replaced him with someone who will not be learning the ropes having their first season as coach/assistant.

If Whelan or Jedi want's to learn the trade they can do it with the reserves or youth team.

We need pros.

I know what you are saying but I wouldn't be adverse to someone like Whelan taking a coaching role; or Gareth Barry.

Deano and O'Kelly have tonnes of experience; sometimes you need a fresh voice. Fergus changed his assistant regularly- albeit for a lot of experience!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarri going juve, means lamps likely going derby. I have a bad feeling they will make a approach for JT to join his back room team if this happens.

would have liked JT to stay one more season I think he is doing more than we know

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed but can't begrudge him going to Chelsea. Would make absolute sense. Although wonder if he would want to be second in command to Lamps or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been told he's off, was told months ago though. Possible Cech has taken the job be was pencilled in for.

Huge role to play here getting new signings into the right mindset of the squad. Foreign ones especially who have never heard of Dean Smith. You can bet they'll have heard of John Terry and will respect what he's earned in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sarri going juve, means lamps likely going derby. I have a bad feeling they will make a approach for JT to join his back room team if this happens.

would have liked JT to stay one more season I think he is doing more than we know

Dunno, I think Terry in the long term would be better off waiting and seeing what happens there.  If Lampard and Terry went there too early and it went wrong then their managerial careers could be over pretty quick.  For all Sarri's faults they aren't going to do better than a trophy, a runner's up in the Cup and Champions League qualification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Dunno, I think Terry in the long term would be better off waiting and seeing what happens there.  If Lampard and Terry went there too early and it went wrong then their managerial careers could be over pretty quick.  For all Sarri's faults they aren't going to do better than a trophy, a runner's up in the Cup and Champions League qualification.

I agree. I don't see what lanyard has done to warrant that job so far. One season play off runners up.

I personally think its going to end in tears as I think lampard needs more experience before he goes for that level of job.

As for JT I agree it could ruin his chance at the big one. He is better starting here get a bit of PL experience in a coaching capacity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree. I don't see what lanyard has done to warrant that job so far. One season play off runners up.

I personally think its going to end in tears as I think lampard needs more experience before he goes for that level of job.

As for JT I agree it could ruin his chance at the big one. He is better starting here get a bit of PL experience in a coaching capacity.

 

I personally think he would be left hanging onto his job.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hearing Lanyard is neck and neck with another contender

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree. I don't see what lanyard has done to warrant that job so far. One season play off runners up.

I personally think its going to end in tears as I think lampard needs more experience before he goes for that level of job.

As for JT I agree it could ruin his chance at the big one. He is better starting here get a bit of PL experience in a coaching capacity.

 

Making a noose for his own neck..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t begrudge Terry for going to Chelsea.

Would think twice about how intelligent Lampard is if he chooses him as his number 2 though. 

Who hires their future replacement as their number 2? There would be one thing Terry wants from Lampard. Not his wife, his job.

Edited by LoughboroughLion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Wouldn’t begrudge Terry for going to Chelsea.

Would think twice about how intelligent Lampard is if he chooses him as his number 2 though. 

Who hires their future replacement as their number 2? There would be one thing Terry wants from Lampard. Not his wife, his job.

I don't see him going as number 2 to Lanyard. 

He's number 2 now because he's learning the management side of things. He'll want to be learning from an experienced coach and Lanyard is an inexperienced coach, I think he'll question what he can learn from him. 

Also I can't imagine he hasn't seen something in Smith and the modern system and thinking going on. I am sure he'll want to absorb more of that to add to what he's seen from the World class but maybe a little more old school managers he's played under. 

He can then cherry pick what he sees as the best parts of all styles when he strikes out on his own. 

Hopefully by then Chelsea will be seen as a step down from the Mighty Villa. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Wouldn’t begrudge Terry for going to Chelsea.

Would think twice about how intelligent Lampard is if he chooses him as his number 2 though. 

Who hires their future replacement as their number 2? There would be one thing Terry wants from Lampard. Not his wife, his job.

I wouldn’t entirely rule out the wife. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought he was playing up front for most of it. Those runs forward were immense, obviously been learning from Zebe and Mings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Anyone else see him get rinsed by some Representative for Wellingborough from love island last night :P 

What a goal though!

Loved Carragher screwing up for Bolts goal as well, great finish by Bolt

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â