John Terry

Farlz

47 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He can't run.

Neither could McGrath but he turned out ok.

Happy if this comes off.

A proper leader and can read the game as well as some of the very best in the world.

I would imagine (hope) the contract we have offered is a low basic salary, heavily incentivized based on appearances, clean sheets and if we get promoted. 

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Neither could McGrath but he turned out ok.

Nonsense, McGrath had more pace after his legs had gone than Terry had at his peak. That is the reason he could still do a job at 36 going on 37. Terry with his legs gone is a disaster on a slightly smaller scale than Lescott.

• Like 1

The main question is will he hoof it straight to the nearest opposition striker when clearing the ball or play is short and wayward back to the keeper? 

• Like 1

As long as we (the club and/or fanbase) don't stupidly adopt the barf enducing "captain, leader, legend" tag I'd be OK with the signing. 

I'm still cringing at his 26th minute substitution and guard of honour on his last game... Mawkishness only usually reserved for Liverpool fc. 

This that he is a leader and that it will be positive for us is a bit simplified. Yes he was the captain and a leader at Chelsea. It goes back to the fact that he was brought up and came through at Chelsea, he earned his respect there over the years. It's not so easy as that "he is a leader" and will come in to a completely new surrounding and directly command respect. A respected leader is something a person becomes over time, after gaining the respect of those in your surroundings. Like he did at Chelsea. In the same way as he divides the opinion here (because of his personality, previous scandals etc) he will divide the opinion in the new dressing room. Players who are used to play against him, who know how he acts against referees and opponents, will not necessarily obay just by the sight of him. The players in the dressing room who has now gained respect and are considered as the leaders will probably not just accept a new "natural leader" coming in. As well as being something good, it may as well be disruptive for the squad.

I hope he proves me wrong and gets us promoted, but I just don't think it's a good decision to sign him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

To this comes that I thought he was passed it several years ago when Benteke runned him ragged at Villa park.

The hope lies in that the Championship is so rubbish that even the rapidly declining version of Terry we'll potentially sign can still shine.

I have my doubts, but hopefully he's experienced and smart enough to adopt his style of play.

Really hope we don't get a Man U/Newcastle Michael Owen type player where the brain knows what to do, but the body just can't do it anymore.

• Like 1

He's a winner. Will have the same impact as Jedinak n get team playing to its potential. 60k a week apparently and no fee. Will be a 1 year contract or 2 max. No risk if u ask me. We paid 12 mill n god knows what wages on mcCormick and he hadn't even played in prem.

• Like 2

Â