John Terry

Farlz

1 minute ago, KJT123 said:

I'm surprised it's taken this long for him to get his first goal for us. I think he'll go on to get 6/7 goals by the end of the season.

I hope you're right there. Would surpass most of our recent "strikers" with that! 

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He very much enjoyed winding up his old rivals today with his celebration.

Here's hoping he gets to do the same next week against his new ones.

Haha, I did say to my Dad during the match that I wonder if he forgot in the heat of the moment, as he was probably used to running to that corner to celebrate from his Chelsea days.

I like the way they are trying to highlight that terrys never played in a 2nd city derby and that he might find it difficult.  Erm terrys been involved in some of the biggest derbies in the coubtry against spurs arsenal united Liverpool and rivalries in europe with the likes of barcelona.

I know id rather have that in my side than a guy that use to play for barnsley as my cb. 

More of our squad have experienced this derby than there's. The pressure is on them as the home side.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like the way they are trying to highlight that terrys never played in a 2nd city derby and that he might find it difficult.  Erm terrys been involved in some of the biggest derbies in the coubtry against spurs arsenal united Liverpool and rivalries in europe with the likes of barcelona.

I know id rather have that in my side than a guy that use to play for barnsley as my cb. 

More of our squad have experienced this derby than there's. The pressure is on them as the home side.

Chelsea don't really have a rival in the sense of a local derby. QPR & Fulham are probably their closest rivals and that is nothing like Villa vs Blues. 

I understand where you are coming from though, Terry is used to pressure and this will be nothing to him.

40 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Chelsea don't really have a rival in the sense of a local derby. QPR & Fulham are probably their closest rivals and that is nothing like Villa vs Blues. 

I understand where you are coming from though, Terry is used to pressure and this will be nothing to him.

Just because they are not within a 5 mile radius the hatred between the clubs esp arsenal-chelsea is as bad as us vs blose. Must remember London is a much bigger city. Its the same with Spurs -West ham they are not close to each other the rivalry/hatred between the fans is intense like us.

As much as we try we cant compare this to a title deciding game that Chelsea may have had against  a local/title rival. He will be use to this kind of pressure. Terry use to get dogs abuse when he came to Villa Park and most of the time he would handle with ease. I am sure he can handle 71 unwashed bloser fans at the sty 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

As if Terry gives a monkeys about what is directed at him from the stands, water off a ducks back.

On pressure, he is the sort of guy that lives off it not runs from it. Perfect man for Sunday and the sort of game he will love.

Absolutely spot on. As he if he is going to be scared of 18k-20k unwashed nerds

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 22:25, NeilS said:

Haha, I did say to my Dad during the match that I wonder if he forgot in the heat of the moment, as he was probably used to running to that corner to celebrate from his Chelsea days.

I was in the row of seats on the other side of the netting to the Fulham fans in the Witton, trust me when I say Terry knew exactly what he was doing and where he was heading.

Even after the celebrations were finished and he was running back he was giving them the sort of look I'd imagine McCormack gave Bruce when he was packing his factor 50.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just because they are not within a 5 mile radius the hatred between the clubs esp arsenal-chelsea is as bad as us vs blose. Must remember London is a much bigger city. Its the same with Spurs -West ham they are not close to each other the rivalry/hatred between the fans is intense like us.

As much as we try we cant compare this to a title deciding game that Chelsea may have had against  a local/title rival. He will be use to this kind of pressure. Terry use to get dogs abuse when he came to Villa Park and most of the time he would handle with ease. I am sure he can handle 71 unwashed bloser fans at the sty 

Agree Terry will breeze the pressure.

But as for Derby days Arsenal Chelsea is nowhere near bring a proper derby. Not even for them supporters, sure thy don't like each other but they each have their own true enemy.

51 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Agree Terry will breeze the pressure.

But as for Derby days Arsenal Chelsea is nowhere near bring a proper derby. Not even for them supporters, sure thy don't like each other but they each have their own true enemy.

Disagree completely 

Chelsea -arsenal is a more hated derby than Chelsea Fulham for example. There is very bad blood between the sides 

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Disagree completely 

Chelsea -arsenal is a more hated derby than Chelsea Fulham for example. There is very bad blood between the sides 

I would say Chelsea vs Arsenal is a rivalry

Blues vs Villa is a derby

Â