John Terry

Farlz

I've got no problems with him recovering close to home and his training regime. He knows his body and what he needs. 

I had concerns when he was first signed, seeing him in pre season eased them. 

However it's looking like an expensive mistake. We broke up a solid championship defensive pair, we took the armband off our 2nd best player last year and we sold a solid young academy player all so we could sign him. 

At the moment he's had no impact on the team with his presence or his defensive abilities. 

We don't go up this year then we've got defence to sort out as well as other areas all with FFP and less parachute payments. 

It's also now being used as quite an insulting excuse by the manager. I think this one might back fire quite badly. 

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if at some point this year Terry decides he's had enough. 

What the hell, whose hating on JT?! Some have even said make him caretaker manager, I've seen no hate from us towards him, he can't help it if the manager puts insane amounts of pressure on the defence for 90 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure what the hell is this is about but seems this could be a relative of terrys. Surely he isnt getting abused already?

Screenshot_20170817-153732.png

Just checked it out, she isn't a relative, just some obsessive fan.

He has been ok so far. Our pish  poor midfield and crippling lack of goal threats are bigger things to worry about imo.  What is concerning is the drop in Chester's performance and lack of partnership between the two. Baker and Chester were one of the best partnerships in the league last year and has been effectively broken up to sign JT for a year. 

• Thanks 1

Not very impressive so far. Poor today, lucky not to give away a pen in the first half and also nearly cost us the goal with a terrible back pass in the same half. He also appeared to be culpable for Norwich's second goal but will have to see that one again and in fairness it was a good cross. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not very impressive so far. Poor today, lucky not to give away a pen in the first half and also nearly cost us the goal with a terrible back pass in the same half. He also appeared to be culpable for Norwich's second goal but will have to see that one again and in fairness it was a good cross. 

Was absolutely at fault for the goal , im not sure he even knew the man was there

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I think we've **** up by breaking up Chester and Baker for him. 

I'm not sure the problem is breaking them up for him, I think the major ballsup was selling Baker to a rival... what were they thinking? 

By that I mean, if we still had him he could be third choice, and second choice more often tbh. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

I said before, and I'll say again, there was so little upside in this signing and I still don't get it. If Bruce had brought him in as a coach then I'd have excused it but it was a sily signing that stinks a little of 'mates jobs'.

He costs a lot (wages), he is a reason for every striker to want to up their game against us, he possibly makes other players complacent that he can deal with everything, he broke up a perfectly good partnership and we've lost Baker who would last more than a year, his performance and durability and now a question mark, he doesn't solve the problem we had last season in scoring goals. In favour, he's supposed to be a leader but we've not yet shown much battle/resilience/stability. 

We didn't need him. And he's yet to show anything that counters the strong reasons for him not to be with us.

• Like 2

I thought he was good today. Best of his 3 so far. 

Won some big headers, looked a bit more assured on the ball too. 

Yes, he made a couple of mistakes. I think Hutton had blown his mind in that second half, he must have thought he was playing for a blind team. 

22 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Was absolutely at fault for the goal , im not sure he even knew the man was there

Was probably just shellshocked that we were wining. lol

Hopefully will come good.

However I stated in the Chester thread that he was better.

I also agree it was a bollock to get rid of Baker.

11 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Without a doubt

He was ball watching, did not see Oliveira behind him.

I don't agree actually. 

He was at fault, but his mistake was he tried at the last second to step up and play Oliveira offside but was a fraction too late. Ball had already been played. 

If he'd stepped up a second earlier or later he'd have probably been fine. 

Â