John Terry

Farlz

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2011-2012/petrov-john-terry-helped-me-in-cancer-battle_sto3915650/story.shtml

Chelsea captain Terry is often the victim of abuse from fans but Petrov said that they are not seeing his real side. 

"He doesnt always have an easy time with the fans, but I have seen a very different man to that image," Petrov told the Mirror.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

There's little to no chance John Terry will be the next villa manager. If Bruce does start badly then the new manager will be someone who can turn the ship around and make sure that we qualify for the playoffs at least. I can't imagine any scenario where our next manager would be someone who has zero management experience.

Me too. I can't see any scenario in which AVFC would employ a complete cockwomble as manager. Oh wait.................

• Like 1

Maybe when DrT had his parting words with RDM, he asked him "So who was it that lead Chelsea to the CL win?"

Maybe RDM's answer was "John Terry" so the contingency plan B is already in place if (when) Bruce fails to deliver

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Can't say I'm a big fan of JT, but I'd be in favour of this signing, simply because it shows intent, and is likely to attract other players to the club. 

Exactly. Would be a massive statement and also quite exciting regarding what we could expect when we get back in the top flight. 

We are currently a championship team with a soft underbelly. I find it staggering that some are turning their noses up to John Terry. 

The comparisons to Lescott are also a bit silly imo. If the figures are true, Terry could almost certainly earn much more elsewhere. The bloke is a tosser, but he is also a winner so a potential promotion push is probably what appeals to him.

He would be coming here for football reasons rather than financial reasons, he could prove to be a fantastic signing. 

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

We are currently a championship team with a soft underbelly. I find it staggering that some are turning their noses up to John Terry. 

The comparisons to Lescott are also a bit silly imo. If the figures are true, Terry could almost certainly earn much more elsewhere. The bloke is a tosser, but he is also a winner so a potential promotion push is probably what appeals to him.

He would be coming here for football reasons rather than financial reasons, he could prove to be a fantastic signing. 

All true of course.

But the issue still remains about his ability to perform now.

Every time he played last season he was a liability. He was on his heels and slow to react. Looked well of the pace no where near the Terry of old.

It remains to be seen if the drop of divisions and quality in opponents is enough to offset his decline in quality. Hopefully it does because as you say he has qualities we do lack and need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Could not agree more- I don't like the man and would not cross the road to shake his hand - however I think he will be a fantastic signing for the club, his experience, knowledge and desire to succeed could prove invaluable imo 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eastie said:

I think the Wayne bridge incident turned a lot of people against him but it's what he does on the pitch that counts - totally agreed.

Wayne bridge is a big boy, he can look after himself.

I have been married for over 40 years and nicked her off a bloke in a night club.....it happens.

You cannot succeed at this game and be mammby pammby.

Remember......Andy Lochhead- Shaun Teale-George Curtis- Stan Lynn-Eamonn Deacy-Steve McMahon

You need steel as well as the guile.

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's really not just reports in papers. He's an absolute piece of shit as a person. 

so you know him personally?

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

article-0-06DD6B7B000005DC-618_468x434.j

"Welcome to Villa Park, John.

"Your first job is to repair that goalpost!"

:crylaugh:

That expression alone will get us promotion.

• Like 2

Â