John Terry

Farlz

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

To this comes that I thought he was passed it several years ago when Benteke runned him ragged at Villa park.

Yeah, if only Benteke wasn't one of the, if not the best striker of that period and a power house.

We need to rewrite history and talk about how shit Terry was, not how good Benteke was on the day hey?

I love this convenient narrative stuff.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he is on anything like the quoted wages in the news, then this signing is pure madness. 

Which figures? I've seen £100k pw and £60k pw  banded around.

If its the former, I agree, utterly bonkers money for the Championship.

However, if its the latter, its not a bad gamble (bearing in mind we pay that to the waste of skin, Micah Richards already).

There'll be a few 'high' earners leaving too, such as Sanchez, gill, veretout etc which will free up wages. If only we could convince another club to take Richards too!!! 

I thought it was 60k and if we got promoted then he gets a 2m bonus, which matches the 60k and 100k (40k * 50)

I'd be happy with that scenario

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

I must admit Im all for this. Imo even he is used mainly as a sub he will be very handy in the 2nd half when we are running around like chooks with no heads. Sub him on, go 3 at back and use him as the conductor in an orchestra. He will calm things down. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I thought it was 60k and if we got promoted then he gets a 2m bonus, which matches the 60k and 100k (40k * 50)

I feel more comfortable with that too.. so if we dont get promoted.. he gets what Gabby gets.. but if we get promoted and hes influential (hopefully matches played based).. then we can afford it 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Me too.

Would rather spend 3-4m on Terry's wages having a proven winner, than take a chance on a championship also ran.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TRO said:

A more expensive Tommy Elphick?........ok

after all it is all about opinions.

Yep. Elphick was brought in because he was a good leader and "good around the dressing room" ignoring the fact that he isn't good enough. It's the same for Terry, Bruce wants him for the leadership and winning mentality that he has but is ignoring the fact that any half decent striker, even at championship level, with any kind of pace would run him ragged. The only way we could play Terry is if we go 5-3-2 and that's not a good idea IMO. Also Terry is going to expect to be first choice, once he gets dropped I can't imagine his massive ego taking it too well.

Posted this is the transfer thread, but thought I'd add it here. 

2 things on Terry. People making the Pires comparison is completely irrelevant. Pires had pretty much retired when he signed for us from memory. He's been out of contract for a long time. Terry has been playing and training with the Champions of England. 

Secondly, I couldn't give a toss what he's like as a person. I'll support him and the team come 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon if he's a nice bloke or not!

6 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

It'll take me a long time to get used to seeing John Terry in a Villa shirt. Like Barry and Lampard in Man City shirts, it'll just look odd.

Not for me.  I signed him for Villa on my Master League years ago.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Eastie said:

Old baggy face couldn't keep his gob shut and his Mouthing off about a potential deal has rebounded on him and given us more reason to laugh at blues .

Shhhhh.......its not done yet.

35 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Posted this is the transfer thread, but thought I'd add it here. 

2 things on Terry. People making the Pires comparison is completely irrelevant. Pires had pretty much retired when he signed for us from memory. He's been out of contract for a long time. Terry has been playing and training with the Champions of England. 

Secondly, I couldn't give a toss what he's like as a person. I'll support him and the team come 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon if he's a nice bloke or not!

We have no idea what John Terry is really like just reports in newspapers.

We have had players in the past who were not the nicest of folk....i.e steve Hodge.

We need to focus on the issues of what they bring to the pitch.

I don't have to like players......but i do have to rate them......and i do rate him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have no idea what John Terry is really like just reports in newspapers.

We have had players in the past who were not the nicest of folk....i.e steve Hodge.

We need to focus on the issues of what they bring to the pitch.

I don't have to like players......but i do have to rate them......and i do rate him.

I think the Wayne bridge incident turned a lot of people against him but it's what he does on the pitch that counts - totally agreed.

• Like 1

Â