John Terry

Farlz

17 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Will he be here next year?

im hoping the club will try everything they can to keep him here, i think he will want another year playing which i think we should give him, failing that we should offer him a good coaching role within the club

unfortunately i think if he hangs up his boots chelsea will do the same

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Is he training currently, or is he still injured?
I can see the benefit of giving him a good break but wouldn't want him going into the play off games undercooked.

thinking the same thing. would ease him back in little by little if he's available.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Is he training currently, or is he still injured?
I can see the benefit of giving him a good break but wouldn't want him going into the play off games undercooked.

He’s been training .

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

im hoping the club will try everything they can to keep him here, i think he will want another year playing which i think we should give him, failing that we should offer him a good coaching role within the club

unfortunately i think if he hangs up his boots chelsea will do the same

I initially read that last line as meaning 'if he hangs his boots up, Chelsea will decide to cease being a going concern' and it was probably the happiest half a second I've had for many months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I initially read that last line as meaning 'if he hangs his boots up, Chelsea will decide to cease being a going concern' and it was probably the happiest half a second I've had for many months. 

Me too, can't stop reading it like that.

If I had to guess, I would have said that John Terry would prefer to have his final playing year being a successful promotion campaign in the championship with a final game at Wembley. Not a bad way to end a career.

Rather than a possible relegation battle in the premier league and possibly not featuring as often. 

So I’m a little bit surprised. Maybe I’ve been looking at it the wrong way, but I would have thought he would want to finish on a relative high.

Of course if we are in the premier league, I’ll be more than happy to have his experience around the squad. We’ll need it.

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If I had to guess, I would have said that John Terry would prefer to have his final playing year being a successful promotion campaign in the championship with a final game at Wembley. Not a bad way to end a career.

Rather than a possible relegation battle in the premier league and possibly not featuring as often. 

So I’m a little bit surprised. Maybe I’ve been looking at it the wrong way, but I would have thought he would want to finish on a relative high.

Of course if we are in the premier league, I’ll be more than happy to have his experience around the squad. We’ll need it.

I think he's proved by coming here, and since he's been here, that he's one of the seemingly few players left in the game who genuinely wants to just play football.

I imagine another season of playing at a decent level is more appealing to him than going out on a high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Surprised this hasn’t been posted but terrys confirmed he wants to stay but all depends on if we go up.

fantastic news

I don't really get this.

He was happy to play in the championship this year, so why a year on would he not still be happy to do it?

Or is it the money? 

Or he is going to retire rather than play in the championship?

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't really get this.

He was happy to play in the championship this year, so why a year on would he not still be happy to do it?

Or is it the money? 

Or he is going to retire rather than play in the championship?

Think it more depends if the club can afford his wages still in championship

45 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Think it more depends if the club can afford his wages still in championship

Thats what i think and i do think bruce will offer him a coaching/player role. if it was up to me iwould have terry working with the kids and eventually replace k mac

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats what i think and i do think bruce will offer him a coaching/player role. if it was up to me iwould have terry working with the kids and eventually replace k mac

Why would kMac need replacing?

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If the recent bullying allegations are true he shouldn't be near the kids

Haven't these "recent" bullying allegations been ongoing since about 4 years ago? lol

Plus hasn't Kmac been with the kids for 20 years or so, and just guided them to promotion?

Not sure why "rumours" or possibly a few kids being a bit "soft" should change that.

Let me rephrase (Some kids not being able to handle old school rough treatment).

Last thing I want is an unwanted Kanye West type viral moment from ill contexted statements. lol

• Haha 1

Â