John Terry

Farlz

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

So it'll be Jedinak?

He's been good this year Terry, but I doubt he thought he'd spend a good portion of the season as one of only two fit centrebacks in the squad.

I would go with Tuanzebe as he is now. If not Samba. Jedinak would be behind them two in my pecking order.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I would go with Tuanzebe as he is now. If not Samba. Jedinak would be behind them two in my pecking order.

I don't think either are available - he'd have had one on the bench in the last two games if they were.

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think either are available - he'd have had one on the bench in the last two games if they were.

Bruce said in his press conference yesterday that Tuanzebe was simply rested on Tuesday as he had hardly played any football this season and didn't want him playing two games in quick succession again (he payed against Hull). He was fit for today, was in the squad, but Bruce decided to stick with the same 18 as Reading.

Edited by markavfc40

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Bruce says he’s very unlikely to play on Tuesday - needs a bit of rest as loooked out on his feet and injured too - let’s try axel in there .

Frustrating but it did seem he was going to come off with his injury but decided to battle on. He'd have relished Tuesday although it's obviously not as big as it should've been with today's result.

I assume it will be Jedinak aswell given the height (also got a feeling Whelan will play) but Cardiff also have some pace upfront so that cause us trouble.

Yeah time to look after terry now we have absolutely no hope for 2nd. Give axel a game at cb tues.

Terry wont be staying in aure of that. Why put yourself through this crap for another 12 months?

He's said he wants to stay, I'd keep him, shit decision for their second but a defender or a keeper makes a mistake ad it's a lot more painful than when a winger **** up their first touch or just gives the ball away (well, normally, and more obviously anyway).

He's allowed a mistake every now and again isn't he? They all are, our problems versus Norwich can't be blamed on the unbeleivable first or the difficult to take Terry mistake for their second. They were shit first half and we shoudl have been out of sight had we turned up. We played percentages amd eveyone looked like they were going through the motions in a way that they couldn't be blamed for our failure. Not Terry's fault, he was one of the few who looked like he actually gave a ****.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Terry wont be staying in aure of that. Why put yourself through this crap for another 12 months?

Mate we are all a bit pissed off but lets not make out Terry has been part of a load of crap for the last 10 months. He has captained the biggest club in this division, a club that despite a recent poor run still finds itself fourth and barring a total collapse he will find himself on May 6th three results away from captaining us to promotion.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Mate we are all a bit pissed off but lets not make out Terry has been part of a load of crap for the last 10 months. He has captained the biggest club in this division, a club that despite a recent poor run still finds itself fourth and barring a total collapse he will find himself on May 6th three results away from captaining us to promotion.

You misunderstood my point i meant why would he stay at this club when his colleagues cant be bothered to play at times and endure another season of failure and crap?

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bruce said Friday that on,y Hutton is injured - was asked about axel and confirmed he is fit 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You misunderstood my point i meant why would he stay at this club when his colleagues cant be bothered to play at times and endure another season of failure and crap?

I thought Mark's point was that this hasn't been a season of failure and crap? 

A point I agree with.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I didn't misunderstand your point. 

Dem it hasn't been a season of failure and crap has it and despite the lows there have been way more highs. We are 4th not 14th in the table. A win yesterday and we'd have been well in the mix for automatic promotion with a handful of games to go. As it is we look well set for the play offs and despite some recent lacklustre performances have shown that on our day we can beat anyone.

I am not against a bit of a backlash following a poor result or run of results but lets not wallow in self pity and state that this season we have failed or write it off with so much still to play for. The goal at the end of the season was promotion and that is still very much a possibility. Ironically I am sure the one man who definitely won't be throwing in the towel and focusing on negatives is John Terry.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I didn't misunderstand your point. 

Dem it hasn't been a season of failure and crap has it and despite the lows there have been way more highs. We are 4th not 14th in the table. A win yesterday and we'd have been well in the mix for automatic promotion with a handful of games to go. As it is we look well set for the play offs and despite some recent lacklustre performances have shown that on our day we can beat anyone.

I am not against a bit of a backlash following a poor result or run of results but lets not wallow in self pity and state that this season we have failed or write it off with so much still to play for. The goal at the end of the season was promotion and that is still very much a possibility. Ironically I am sure the one man who definitely won't be throwing in the towel and focusing on negatives is John Terry.

I haven't said terry would. He is one of the few I think would run through brick walls to get there. It's ashame his colleagues will not do the same.

4th will be a failure if we don't go up. There really is not much to play for now with remaining fixtures. We need two wins which should be enough after that I want to see far better than the garbage we have seen at the start of the season and this laat five games.

The fans have been excellent to thwn this year travelled supported and done thwir bit. They have nothing their bit in my opinion.

The poor fans who travelled yesterday certainly deserved better than that skinless display mark.

16 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Don’t know FA rules and not making suggestions.  Just wondering about whether the rules would even permit it.  Could JT manage us next year?

Well I suppose he could but it would be absolutely ludicrous for us to offer him the job. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Was poor for the second goal but will be vital for us in the play offs.

Need to offer better protection in front of him as well so that players can't just breeze through.

Agreed looks like fatigue to me, rest JT for tomorrow and let axel have a go at CB 

I know I'm probably alone in this, but I hope Terry doesn't stay on for another year. He is taking up the wages of three players, generally he has been good but not that good, and he won't be any better next season. 

Â