John Terry

Farlz

I have a feeling that if John Terry is with us next season, it might not be solely as a player. I think he will want to be involved on the coaching side, at whatever level.

He is a smart, ambitious guy. He knows his playing career is coming to an end. I have never thought his move to us was only to play.

I always thought he had a longer term plan - makes more sense than coming to a struggling Championship side.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I have a feeling that if John Terry is with us next season, it might not be solely as a player. I think he will want to be involved on the coaching side, at whatever level.

He is a smart, ambitious guy. He knows his playing career is coming to an end. I have never thought his move to us was only to play.

I always thought he had a longer term plan - makes more sense than coming to a struggling Championship side.

You make a good point - he might think about cutting his coaching teeth with us, before a possible return to Stamford bridge comes calling ?

• Like 2

On 20/03/2018 at 19:33, Eastie said:

Not convinced that’s a good thing - lose by 2 goals away and we are screwed as teams would come here and shut up shop ..

all good if we get at least a draw away but I wouldn’t fancy us to pull back a deficit 2nd leg - nerves and pressure would be immense .

However in a 1st leg I’d fancy us to beat anyone at home - that said I think we will get a top 4 finish and need to hold our own away from home .

We will be under enormous pressure second leg with fans against us and we know what usually happens in that instance. Even if we lost  first leg 2-1or 1-0 I fancy us to beat any team at home second leg. I don't think away goals count in play offs.

On 24/03/2018 at 12:26, AntrimBlack said:

I would be delighted with that

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has been named in the championship team of the year. Personally I think that has been given more in his name than performances. I like terry but would say Chester has been better (and not missed a game). Plus surely one of the Cardiff cbs have been better? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Has been named in the championship team of the year. Personally I think that has been given more in his name than performances. I like terry but would say Chester has been better (and not missed a game). Plus surely one of the Cardiff cbs have been better? 

Is he our only player in it? 

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

That over the shoulder clearence....

Beautiful. And his 360 spin pass late on in the game, manz got skills.

1k ~ my gifs chelsea fc John Terry dumbs omfg excuse my gifs but this is just priceless i wanted to make gifs lmao1k ~ my gifs chelsea fc John Terry dumbs omfg excuse my gifs but this is just priceless i wanted to make gifs lmao1k ~ my gifs chelsea fc John Terry dumbs omfg excuse my gifs but this is just priceless i wanted to make gifs lmao1k ~ my gifs chelsea fc John Terry dumbs omfg excuse my gifs but this is just priceless i wanted to make gifs lmao

^^^ It was destiny to arrive here.

Also on a rare foray into our half Chester was done for pace by Barrow and I was thinking 'here we go,  it is going to be one of them ones, one half chance and one goal'

JT storms in for a crunching block tackle.

You can't beat a good last ditch block from a centre half.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Poor today. Not sure he was doing for the second, looked like he tried to play offside and got it completely wrong.  

Bruce says he’s very unlikely to play on Tuesday - needs a bit of rest as loooked out on his feet and injured too - let’s try axel in there .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Bruce says he’s very unlikely to play on Tuesday - needs a bit of rest as loooked out on his feet and injured too - let’s try axel in there .

I think today was the last chance for second, so he went with his seemingly strongest side. Tuesday could see us rest quite a few with Terry definitely being one out.

• Like 1

Â