John Terry

Farlz

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think the only way he will play against Chelsea for us next season is if we draw them in one of the cup competitions.

Be great if he stays, but can we afford him fir another year if we don’t go up? I doubt it.

but at least gabbys hefty 65k wages won’t be paid anymore 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Be great if he stays, but can we afford him fir another year if we don’t go up? I doubt it.

but at least gabbys hefty 65k wages won’t be paid anymore 

If we're still in the championship next season we will lose £15m+ in income just from the drop in parachute payments, it's going to be hard to retain players on ~£60k.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If we're still in the championship next season we will lose £15m+ in income just from the drop in parachute payments, it's going to be hard to retain players on ~£60k.

Yep agreed. 

And prople were saying they don’t want to go up, they haven’t realised the consequences if we don’t.

we will be the next Leeds I am 99% certain of that

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep agreed. 

And prople were saying they don’t want to go up, they haven’t realised the consequences if we don’t.

Whoever says this is being fairly absent minded. Whilst there's something nice about not being in the circus that is the premier league there's also a very serious financial reality that we face. For every season we fail to go up the more we will have to sell our 'best' players and cut the wage bill, because there's a real limit as to how much a club in the Championship can make commercially. The danger then is that we can no longer rely on our ability to outspend most of the sides in this league, and thus we become even more 'average' and languish at this level for years to come. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep agreed. 

I don’t think anyone said they don’t want to go up - I saw a few saying they will miss the championship but not they don’t want to go up 

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Below his high standards in both games - needs a week in Dubai to rest his weary old bones .

It's bruces fault. Asking a 37 year old to play 3 games in a week. Has no other can terrible planning from bruce.

God only knows where samba is??

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Has anyone actually said this?

And Leeds had HUGE financial burdens to contend with. We won't be the next Leeds.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It's bruces fault. Asking a 37 year old to play 3 games in a week. Has no other can terrible planning from bruce.

God only knows where samba is??

Disagree, you don’t drop your captain and leader. Terry wouldn’t want to be dropped either. He has played 3 games in a week earlier in the season. Samba takes a few games to warm up to speed, so it’s lukely he wouldn’t have been much use either. Yes terry wasn’t 100%, but no one was. I’d still rather see terry in the line up over samba.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

And Leeds had HUGE financial burdens to contend with. We won't be the next Leeds.

We will too, we have a absolutely huge wage bill the largest in the league. We will have to sell some of our better players to balance the books and if this team with so much quality can’t go up this year what chance do we have next year?

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Disagree, you don’t drop your captain and leader. Terry wouldn’t want to be dropped either. He has played 3 games in a week earlier in the season. Samba takes a few games to warm up to speed, so it’s lukely he wouldn’t have been much use either. Yes terry wasn’t 100%, but no one was. I’d still rather see terry in the line up over samba.

Even if he takes terry off after 70 mins that keeps him fresh. Last thing we need is terry picking up a massive injury again. Look at the games coming up in April? We going to expect terry to play all of them? I fear he will pick up a injury. Hopefully tuanzebe will be back soon to help.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We will too, we have a absolutely huge wage bill the largest in the league. We will have to sell some of our better players to balance the books and if this team with so much quality can’t go up this year what chance do we have next year?

No we won't. Not on the scale Leeds had, Dem. They were absolutely riddled with debt.

Yes we'll have to sell some players to balance the books, but it won't be even close to the financial burden Leeds had to deal with.

We may end up stuck in this league for a while. But Leeds ended up going into Administration and getting relegated to League 1. It's a whole different ball park.

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No we won't. Not on the scale Leeds had, Dem. They were absolutely riddled with debt.

Yes we'll have to sell some players to balance the books, but it won't be even close to the financial burden Leeds had to deal with.

We may end up stuck in this league for a while. But Leeds ended up going into Administration and getting relegated to League 1. It's a whole different ball park.

Yeah i dont see us goibg like that way. What I meant by like Leeds is a big club stuck here for years like forest and Wednesday. If we have to sell grealish, kodjia or chester for example what chance do we have of going up?

Snodgrass wont be here next season if we don't go up so all them assists gone. Jesus its scary thinking about. Got to hope bruce can get us there via play offs.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2018 at 12:10, Dr_Pangloss said:

Agreed.

He's generally been great, but effectively selling Baker to accommodate him and his wages may look like a pretty expensive indulgence if we're down here next year.  Chester + Suliman / Bedeau maybe?!

4 hours ago, mrjc said:

Agreed.

He's generally been great, but effectively selling Baker to accommodate him and his wages may look like a pretty expensive indulgence if we're down here next year.  Chester + Suliman / Bedeau maybe?!

You have to take risks, and this one's worth every penny.

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Until Tony loses his nut and decides to give up, out of a few hundred mill and heart broken.

So we get sold to some Indian Airline.

We would be nowhere near as likely to be competing for promotion if we still had Baker instead of Terry.  If we fail to get promoted, bringing in John Terry won't be the cause of that, and without him I don't think there would have been much of a chance of us going for it anyway.  Even if we do end up in the Championship next year and struggling for defenders, I won't be disappointed that we went down the route that we did.

Plus he offers the whole club so much more than Baker or anyone else could.  Obviously the last two games have been incredibly disappointing but generally we've developed much more of a winning mentality and shown a lot more determination this season, and a lot of that is clearly due to our captain's influence.

• Like 2

Â