John Terry

Farlz

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I suspect they are concentrating on the slip which led to their chance which they really should have scored from, and ignored the other 93 minutes of the game. 

Nah, I still reckon it was because he banged the ratings guy wife :D

• Haha 1

I think he was very clever with the N'Dopey interaction.

There was a good chance Jedinak was going to get up and jump into something that would have at best resulted in a yellow card each, which obviously would have still seen the blues player dismissed but with a good chance Jedinak and possibly a few others joining the early bath brigade.

Terry got in the way, took over and knew exactly what to do to make sure only one player said goodbye and we remained with a full set.

You may think I'm giving him too much credit but in my opinion this is how perceptive the experienced Terry is with these type of things. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 8pints said:

I think he was very clever with the N'Dopey interaction.

There was a good chance Jedinak was going to get up and jump into something that would have at best resulted in a yellow card each, which obviously would have still seen the blues player dismissed but with a good chance Jedinak and possibly a few others joining the early bath brigade.

Terry got in the way, took over and knew exactly what to do to make sure only one player said goodbye and we remained with a full set.

You may think I'm giving him too much credit but in my opinion this is how perceptive the experienced Terry is with these type of things. 

I felt the same. Also, think he was hugely calculated in not reacting to the hand around the throat. That’s experience I guess! 

Saw a might impressive stat earlier on Twitter, Sunday’s attendance was the largest home crowd JT has played in front of for a club match.

• Like 1

If I was a blose fan I would be seriously asking how a player can be so think. 93rd minute you have lost the game why bother getting into it?

have to say compared to the days of savage and clemence this blose side are wimps

Edited by Demitri_C

5 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I felt the same. Also, think he was hugely calculated in not reacting to the hand around the throat. That’s experience I guess! 

Saw a might impressive stat earlier on Twitter, Sunday’s attendance was the largest home crowd JT has played in front of for a club match.

I think the JT stat is false news. Blues attendance was still smaller than the current stated capacity of Stamford Bridge, presumably due to segregation and Stamford Bridge was also over 42,000 a few years ago when JT was playing. 

I'm sure someone could dig up actual attendances there but it's a good soundbyte. 

• Like 1

John Terry will make a decision on his future in May as Aston Villa bid to return to the Premier League.

Terry has delayed deciding on his next move until the end of the season with Steve Bruce's side having climbed into the Championship's automatic promotion places. The 2-0 win over Birmingham City on Sunday was enough to lift Villa into second place behind Wolves and in an ideal position to make a final push to go up. The Telegraph report that a mutual option is in place between Terry and Villa to trigger a 12-month contract extension.

Terry, 37, linked up with Villa in the summer having left Chelsea after a 22-year association with the Stamford Bridge club. The former England captain signed a one-year deal as skipper at Villa Park and has settled in as a key figure at the club, making 22 appearances this season. Terry could extend his deal in the Midlands, although a decision is expected after the season has ended with Villa reluctant to pressure the defender into a decision before they know which division they will be playing in. He could also consider consider more lucrative offers abroad or retirement ahead of turning 38 in December.

John Terry also has shared his own take on the incident that saw Cheikh Ndoye red carded in Sunday's Second City derby. The Birmingham City midfielder was shown a second yellow card by referee Peter Bankes after an altercation with Aston Villa defender Terry in the fourth minute of stoppage time at Villa Park. The pair clashed in the box after Ndoye had headed wide during the home side's 2-0 victory. Ndoye was given his marching orders for his troubles and will be suspended for Blues' next game against Millwall. Terry shared his own verdict of the up-close-and-personal squabble after the match.

The former Chelsea centre-back posted a mock-up of the two players hand in hand against a Strictly Come Dancing backdrop. He even awarded a perfect 10 out of 10 score! Terry also showed supporters how he celebrated the victory which lifted Villa into the automatic promotion spots. The 37-year-old certainly enjoyed his post-match grub.

JT please stay!

I hope we trigger another year for him, I would like to see him have one more year maybe as rotation/backup if we go up. Also think we should keep him in some kind of coaching capacity after if chelsea do not come knocking.

Mirror (yes I know) reporting he's going back to Chelsea next season for a coaching role with the long term plan to become manager there.

Nothing new I guess. Think that was always the plan.

John Terry is eyeing a return to Chelsea in a coaching role, as he plots a route to the top job at Stamford Bridge.

The former Chelsea captain, now 37, is set to be out of contract at Championship promotion chasers Aston Villa in July after joining on a 12-month deal after bringing down the curtain on 20-plus years with the Londoners.

Centre-half Terry wants to manage the Blues in the future, and believes his best chance will be by progressing up their ranks as a coach — just as he did as a player.

The ex-England skipper — still based in Cobham, the Surrey town where the Blues' training ground is — could get an opening at the end of the season in any potential reshuffle, with manager Antonio Conte’s future in major doubt less than a year on from winning the title in his debut season.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-legend-john-terry-plotting-12034049

Good luck to him if he gets a coaching role at Chelsea .... Long as he doesn't use his inside knowledge of Villa to come grab all our talented youngsters    ....

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Bruce has confirmed he would offer terry a coAching role at villa if he was interested.

for me absolutely great idea as he has the respect of the players and a real fan favourite. I’d be delighted if that’s the case short term before he went into management 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce has confirmed he would offer terry a coAching role at villa if he was interested.

for me absolutely great idea as he has the respect of the players and a real fan favourite. I’d be delighted if that’s the case short term before he went into management 

Article link posted in the Steve Bruce thread  -player coach for a season would be good for all

Edited by Eastie
  • Thanks 1

Could have come here purely for a final payday but he really hasn’t. If he decides to go back to the Bridge to coach for Chelsea at the end of the season, good luck to him.

He’s been an absolute pro for us this season :thumb:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What happened to his shirt first half? There was no number on it 

His shirt was ripped in a challenge with a Preston player and it needed replaced.

The only spare shirt that we had was a nameless and numberless home shirt.

Not sure if he finished the game with it or got a real replacement at half time.

Â