John Terry

Farlz

If I were Abramovic I’d throw money at him to come in as Tuchel’s assistant - be good PR with the fans after sacking their other big club legend.

I don’t see it happening for a second - just saying I would do it if I were Roman.

That said he’s not short of cash is he - clearly not doing this job for an assistant manager’s salary.

Edited by Adam2003

I think when Terry goes to Chelsea he will want to go as manager, having picked up experience elsewhere both as assistant and manger at other clubs. Probably won’t be for years yet but I bet when he does he will be well equipped and do a good job.

I’m never right about these things tho so expect him to be announced as Tuchel’s assistant tomorrow.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If I were Abramovic I’d throw money at him to come in as Tuchel’s assistant - be good PR with the fans after sacking their other big club legend.

I don’t see it happening for a second - just saying I would do it if I were Roman.

That said he’s not short of cash is he - clearly not doing this job for an assistant manager’s salary.

Frank should have gone the Terry route from the get go IMO.

JT knows what he is doing, biding his time and learning as much as he can before contemplating the leap.

It has worked out for some, but jumping from Derby to the likes of Chelsea with a ruthless and impatient owner was always going to be a risk,.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Be interesting if Terry were to leave if he'd want to take one of those with him.

Shakespeare would be the perfect assistant to a young manager in his first job.

Hopefully not!

well, Shakespeare is a Villa fan....so doubt he would wanna go to be assistant somewhere else?

• Like 1

Terry must have a big impact on how ruthless our defense has become. He's got a player in Mings who's Terry-esque and two very smart players in Hause and Konsa who can be what Carvalho was to him. The way we're set up feels a lot like what Terry had going on at Chelsea in his prime days with two solid CM's, and defensively minded wing backs. Coupled with Luiz it's all a very solid foundation upon which the team very easily builds attacking play. The only team to really unlock us this year has been City and they do the same with Liverpool\Manu on their day.

23 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He would absolutely jump on the train if Tuchel called him

I'm not sure he would - I think he's very happy here as an assistant and I don't think he'll ever be an assistant anywhere else.

He'd jump on the train if he'd been offered the big job at Chelsea obviously, but I think he's smart enough to know he needs to prove himself first. At some point I'd expect him to take a good Championship job as manager, try and succeed at it over two or three seasons and step into the Stamford Bridge hot seat.

He’s getting heavily linked to the Bournemouth job again. He applied and didn’t get it last summer. 

It’s hard to judge the impact of an assistant coach but he seems v well thought of at Villa so it would be a shame to see him go, particularly in the middle of a season that is going well. If he does go, I hope it is not too disruptive to us.

It would be a pity to loose him, but he is learning a lot about management as our assistant and someone will offer him a decent job before too long. Whether it is Bournemouth and whether he would go for that job again, having it seems been overlooked before, is open to question. Should he go, he will leave with my thanks for what he had done for us both on the pitch and off it. 

• Like 1

On 25/01/2021 at 13:22, Adam2003 said:

If I were Abramovic I’d throw money at him to come in as Tuchel’s assistant -

If I was Tuchel I wouldn't allow him any where near the club. You don't want some one in the building who has no loyalty to you and actively wants you to get sacked so he can take over. 

On 24/01/2021 at 19:56, OutByEaster? said:

Be interesting if Terry were to leave if he'd want to take one of those with him.

Hopefully not!

Really don’t see Shakespeare leaving Villa for that gig

• Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 19:56, OutByEaster? said:

Hopefully not!

Shakespeare was appointed just in case Terry went off at some point this season I think.

Heard a bit of Alex Crook this morning on TS who's based down there and has some good sources and he said John Terry applied and had interview when they had the vacancy in the summer and I think we appointed Shakey around late August so probably ties in with that so can't see us just letting him leave as we'd be done to just Cutler and O'Kelly assisting Dean then.

CS also lives in Lichfield so would be a long old commute for same job. John Terry still lives in Cobham so much easier getting down there on daily basis than Bodymoor.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s getting heavily linked to the Bournemouth job again. He applied and didn’t get it last summer. 

It’s hard to judge the impact of an assistant coach but he seems v well thought of at Villa so it would be a shame to see him go, particularly in the middle of a season that is going well. If he does go, I hope it is not too disruptive to us.

did he? didn't see anything about that personally

in the space of 8 months bournemouth have sacked 2 of their own...i'd be surprised if JT took that job as his first one. first poor run of games he's out the door

Bournemouth is not a safe job for a rookie manager, Howe did wonders and were happy to sack him even if he might have walked anyway. They arent doing too badly in Championship but they are in huge financial shit if dont go up

• Like 2

Â