John Terry

Farlz

On 20/07/2020 at 11:11, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why would Gerrard move from Rangers to Bristol City in the first place? With respect.

Agree but I guess we always say we think Villa should be ambitious - if Bristol City’s owner thinks Gerrard is the right guy it’s smart to ask him! But yes, can’t see why he would say yes - not like he needs the money even if they can offer a payrise. He’ll do well enough at Rangers that a Prem club will offer him a shot I’m sure.

I wonder if this is where he swans of into the sunset now and takes a management job. 

He's done it the right way taking an apprenticeship and not just expecting to walk into a top job just because of who he is. 

Just now, sidcow said:

I wonder if this is where he swans of into the sunset now and takes a management job. 

He's done it the right way taking an apprenticeship and not just expecting to walk into a top job just because of who he is. 

I never thought of that but you could be right. 

Well he jetted out to Portugal yesterday. To me those aren't the actions of a man with job offers on the table - I reckon he is staying.

For me his becoming the polar opposite of Benni Mccarthy !!!!  - He has seemed destined for the exit door ever since he arrived

Defensive woes was never on Terry and all on Smith pre lock down tactics.

Smith turned away from his normal risk taking football and introduced a more pragmatic approach. As a result we conceded less. Yeah i know what a shocker..

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Defensive woes was never on Terry and all on Smith pre lock down tactics.

Smith turned away from his normal risk taking football and introduced a more pragmatic approach. As a result we conceded less. Yeah i know what a shocker..

So the defensive coach had no bearing on our poor defensive Performance?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Assistant head coach mate not defensive coach.

Indeed 

it was quite noticeable during the lockdown games that Smith and Terry would talk during the game and in the drinks break Terry would quite often go and speak one to one with a player , usually Trez but sometimes a midfielder ... 

He may do other stuff at the training ground but nothing recently suggested he is the defence coach 

On 20/07/2020 at 16:11, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why would Gerrard move from Rangers to Bristol City in the first place? With respect.

Because the Championship is a far bigger league than the Scottish Premier League.

If he got Bristol City promoted that would be far more of a achievement than what he can do with Rangers which probably at best 2nd and a cup.

Scottish football is dire, Celtic are so financially ahead of the rest of the league it's dreadful. Yes I know Rangers have huge support but as this pandemic shows,  tv revenue is far more important than fans coming into grounds.

20 years that wouldn't be true. In the early 90's Rangers were one of the biggest teams in Britain but that era is well and truly over.

Saw some site linking him to the Bournemouth job. 

Also saw a article about him selling his old house and about him on holiday in Portugal.

Slow news day I imagine.

Â