John Terry

Farlz

With JT on board this season, I was expecting (a) defensive disciplines and (b) a big team spirit (fight, passion, etc) ...... but they have been two of our weakest areas to date so great season last season as a player but I seriously don't see any evidence of value-add from him this season. He may be benefiting from the experience but I'm struggling to see any evidence of Villa benefiting from his presence.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Let's be under no illusions he will leave once Chelsea call. No hard feelings from me when that happens. 

As with any assistant coach it's virtually impossible for fans to tell from the outside if they are any good or not. If he leaves he leaves, it won't bother me in the slightest. 

On 24/02/2019 at 16:16, KentVillan said:

Just watching JT on Sky's League Cup Final coverage, and he's talking like someone who has been discussing things behind the scenes with Chelsea staff and players. Think there's a strong chance of him getting involved next season. But as I said above, I don't think we can judge this until we have tangible evidence that he's neglecting his Villa duties.

Unless he gets the top job here I very much doubt he will stay  - and I don't blame him one not.

Chelsea have been his life - I still don't think too much of him as a person - but you cannot fault his commitment to Aston Villa Fc or his professionalism 

7 hours ago, TRO said:

John has never hidden the fact of his allegiance to Chelsea, that's testimony to his openness and honesty....and after all that he has achieved there, is it really surprising.

That does not stop him from having a huge affection for us....He has already said so....I am glad he has been with us for as long as he has...Top man.

Many big name Villa stars have had affections for other clubs, we need to stop being quite so sensitive.

There is only one exclusive undying love for Aston Villa Football club.....YOU!!!.....THE FANS.

Its a job to them, its a lifetime passion for us.....I would like John to stay as long as is possible, his name is a good one to have associated with the club IMO.

ps One of our most revered players Paul McGrath has a huge affection for Man U, as well as us,so what....you cannot just erase great memories.

Good post TRO -  I would have to challenge you however when you say Macca - one of our most revered players - surely you mean the most revered ?👍🏻

• Thanks 1

On 06/03/2019 at 19:31, AvfcRigo82 said:

Dean Saunders is one example of US & Liverpool.

Merse is another who has a big affection for us too.

Add Alan MCNally to that as well

11 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Wonder what was said between terry and keane, it looked like they were going to have a brawl..

really? missed that completely. Who would your money be on? Terry has him on size and age but think Keane would fight dirtier and with more aggression!

20 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

really? missed that completely. Who would your money be on? Terry has him on size and age but think Keane would fight dirtier and with more aggression!

But with Keane it would just be drunken swinging. He'd probably swing and miss and end up putting himself on the ground before pissing himself and telling MON he loves him and he's his best mate before passing out. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

JT would batter Roy Keane and shag his Mrs all in one night.

Then post it on Instagram with a humurous comment. 

• Like 1

Â