John Terry

Farlz

15 minutes ago, John said:

As I recall he was dumped by Villa along with John Gidman. 

He wanted money from the club to negate the debt he incurred from the Holy City Zoo....and the club told him to do one, so he did.......In very basic terms.He wanted a loan.

The only way to raise it, was a transfer.

I have no idea what happened to Gidman except there was always tension between John and Ron about defending and attacking....John felt the length of the pitch was too much to cover, Ron didn't agree.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I bet people have been called worse on here plenty of times and you've never jumped to their defence. 

I bet folk have said worse than " I don't take too much notice of newspaper reports" and not get picked up for it;)

people who live in glass houses .................................

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I agree with this completely but it makes me like the idea of signing Terry even more. 

Terry hasn't been shy in scoring goals from set pieces (something we are woeful at) and if he can bring a calmness/toughness to our defence won't that relax our other players in their endeavours forward...

I'm not getting into the debate over good guy/bad guy. All I ask is he good for Villa.... Bloody oath he is. 

OT but my last sporting idol was Tiger Woods after that I swore to never look at athletes as nothing more than others humans that are really good at something. 

why not you coward?......haven't you got a week to spare?:D

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

I bet folk have said worse than " I don't take too much notice of newspaper reports" and not get picked up for it;)

people who live in glass houses .................................

What? I responded to a post because I disagreed with it, something I've done many many times on here. That's the whole point of the forum. 

Nothing like the same. 

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

He wanted money from the club to negate the debt he incurred from the Holy City Zoo....and the club told him to do one, so he did.......In very basic terms.He wanted a loan.

The only way to raise it, was a transfer.

I have no idea what happened to Gidman except there was always tension between John and Ron about defending and attacking....John felt the length of the pitch was too much to cover, Ron didn't agree.

Yes I think both players felt we would be loathe to sell them and it was about money (in John Gidman's case he had found that other players were on a lot more money than he was and he more than doubled his salary on moving to Everton).

They went to the boardroom with an us or him (Ron Saunders) ultimatum and were shocked when the manager was backed and the club accepted their transfer requests taking in excess of £2m for them both in combined transfer fees. 

• Like 1

Gidman resented Saunders from way before he eventually left.

Anyway, sadly no chance of signing a Gidman, a Gray, or a Saunders.

The only similarity we have is that we are in the second tier.:(

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Gidman resented Saunders from way before he eventually left.

Anyway, sadly no chance of signing a Gidman, a Gray, or a Saunders.

The only similarity we have is that we are in the second tier.:(

yeah.......those halcyon days.

days when even the unfavoured players were favoured......if you get my meaning.

long road back......but we'll get there.

• Like 1

The shorter the price the more likely he is to join.. so 4 - 7 suggests 7 times in 11 he'd join. 30 - 100 suggests 10 times out of 13. It's looking good, especially for all of us who had a punt at 4 - 1 last week i.e. Place £50 win £250.

51 minutes ago, Xela said:

The mirroring is done to avoid (or slow down) the removal of it from sites on copyright grounds. By mirroring, the computer algorithms that scan the web can't detect it. 

I read that somewhere, so I assume it is right!

Wow, that's awesome, I never even considered that could be why. thanks.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hansardtony said:

The shorter the price the more likely he is to join.. so 4 - 7 suggests 7 times in 11 he'd join. 30 - 100 suggests 10 times out of 13. It's looking good, especially for all of us who had a punt at 4 - 1 last week i.e. Place £50 win £250.

Win £200, collect £250

Â