John Terry

Farlz

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

TRO - I want Terry to sign but I really don't think you can call his antics as being made of " steel" I'm afraid I find the man totally objectionable and would have no desire to spend any time in his company whatsoever - I do however feel his signing would be a fantastic one from a pure footballing point of view.

Last sentence is what everyone has been saying! It's the only thing that matters. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, skarroki said:

The problem is TRO, you can't keep saying I don't think he's a nasty piece of work because I wasn't there, then when you get called out on it keep telling us you only judge him as a footballer. 

If you are only judging him as a footballer, stop telling us not to judge him as a person cos he might be alright really and your mate Stan thinks he's a good guy. 

Can you not just be at piece with the fact he's earned his pantomime villan badge fair and square, he's a nasty piece of work. Possible redeeming qualities and a fantastic signing, but can't lie about the rest of it

Nasty piece of work is a bit harsh. Thats Joey Barton category surely. I would put Terry in scumbag catergory. He is not all bad. 

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

The problem is TRO, you can't keep saying I don't think he's a nasty piece of work because I wasn't there, then when you get called out on it keep telling us you only judge him as a footballer. 

If you are only judging him as a footballer, stop telling us not to judge him as a person cos he might be alright really and your mate Stan thinks he's a good guy. 

Can you not just be at piece with the fact he's earned his pantomime villan badge fair and square, he's a nasty piece of work. Possible redeeming qualities and a fantastic signing, but can't lie about the rest of it

There is no problem, its a debate that has dragged on far too long.

1. I have not used the word in my offerings, nasty piece of work, so how could i have said what you are suggesting.

2. Get "called out".......is this the o.k. Corral?

3. I have explained MY position on John Terry's private life to your partner in crime and I am not repeating it again to bore those who have read it once.

4. Stilian Petrov is not MY MATE as you sarcastically refer, but someone I have met on several occasions and had dialogue with.

5. I am at peace with the prospect that John Terry may join us in an attempt to help us get promotion and I have no interest in delving in to his personal life......or more importantly aim derogatory remarks about him.

Perhaps it is worthwhile remembering how this saga came about.

Villan -Scott wrote a piece in the early part of this thread and referred to John Terry's chequered past in a kinda passive way......I posted back and said I don't always believe what I read in newspaper reports a sort of throw away comment with a bit of a point, nothing heavy.....DC Jonah jumped on that and chose to describe him as a shit person, which at first I thought was rather provocative and secondly uncalled for .......when this is a guy who could save us......He then picked me up on " newspaper reports as the form of reporting information on folk we have no way of knowing personally......which i found strange, as thats what most of us rely on along with other forms of media granted, but is it always true about individuals character? i have my doubts.

Look everyone can have opinions on anyone......But when someone emphatically attacks someone as a " Shit"......don't be surprised if another poster comes to their aid for that reason.

just to finish off.....I do not want to comment further on this monologue......but just to welcome John Terry, when he comes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Come on, get your eighties pop lyrics right.

Sugarbabes were Noughties.

Get your pop decades right. :P

• Like 4

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Perhaps but given we had the 5th best defence in the league last year (with the top 2 now promoted), and the 5th worst goal scoring record we should be looking at our forward play to add to? If your have a minus goal difference even after averaging about  1 goal a game conceding than the real problem is up top.

I agree with this completely but it makes me like the idea of signing Terry even more. 

Terry hasn't been shy in scoring goals from set pieces (something we are woeful at) and if he can bring a calmness/toughness to our defence won't that relax our other players in their endeavours forward...

I'm not getting into the debate over good guy/bad guy. All I ask is he good for Villa.... Bloody oath he is. 

OT but my last sporting idol was Tiger Woods after that I swore to never look at athletes as nothing more than others humans that are really good at something. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My last sporting idol was Brian Little. 

I loved Andy Gray back in the 70's. Then I realised it was just a job to them as he dumped us for Wolveszzz of all teams.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TRO said:

There is no problem, its a debate that has dragged on far too long.

1. I have not used the word in my offerings, nasty piece of work, so how could i have said what you are suggesting.

2. Get "called out".......is this the o.k. Corral?

3. I have explained MY position on John Terry's private life to your partner in crime and I am not repeating it again to bore those who have read it once.

4. Stilian Petrov is not MY MATE as you sarcastically refer, but someone I have met on several occasions and had dialogue with.

5. I am at peace with the prospect that John Terry may join us in an attempt to help us get promotion and I have no interest in delving in to his personal life......or more importantly aim derogatory remarks about him.

Perhaps it is worthwhile remembering how this saga came about.

Villan -Scott wrote a piece in the early part of this thread and referred to John Terry's chequered past in a kinda passive way......I posted back and said I don't always believe what I read in newspaper reports a sort of throw away comment with a bit of a point, nothing heavy.....DC Jonah jumped on that and chose to describe him as a shit person, which at first I thought was rather provocative and secondly uncalled for .......when this is a guy who could save us......He then picked me up on " newspaper reports as the form of reporting information on folk we have no way of knowing personally......which i found strange, as thats what most of us rely on along with other forms of media granted, but is it always true about individuals character? i have my doubts.

Look everyone can have opinions on anyone......But when someone emphatically attacks someone as a " Shit"......don't be surprised if another poster comes to their aid for that reason.

just to finish off.....I do not want to comment further on this monologue......but just to welcome John Terry, when he comes.

I bet if this thread was in other football and I called him a shit you wouldn't have kicked off about it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I loved Andy Gray back in the 70's. Then I realised it was just a job to them as he dumped us for Wolveszzz of all teams.

As I recall he was dumped by Villa along with John Gidman. 

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I bet if this thread was in other football and I called him a shit you wouldn't have kicked off about it. 

possibly, or possibly I am not in the habit of calling people a "shit" period and you maybe are.....however each to there own.

....lets get back to football eh.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

possibly, or possibly I am not in the habit of calling people a "shit" period and you maybe are.....however each to there own.

....lets get back to football eh.

I bet people have been called worse on here plenty of times and you've never jumped to their defence. 

13 minutes ago, John said:

As I recall he was dumped by Villa along with John Gidman. 

You might be right, I'm way too young to remember ;)

• Like 1

Â