John Terry

Farlz

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Of course you can. Let's not pretend premier league players and England internationals are the high point of morals and ethics. 

You say some of us have done some shitty things and yes I bet we have. But it's not just some with Terry is it. We've got violence, racism, lewd public behaviour, having an affair as a married man and with the partner of a work colleague. 

I doubt many have notched those up. And if they have I'd say the same about them.

Thats all well and good, but some of us just don't care. 

Thats a mighty fine high horse you got yourself pardner.

He's clearly done some knobbish things in the past but anyone I've spoken to that's met him says he's a thoroughly nice guy. 

A couple of weeks ago I would have nonsensed these claims mind.

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

You can either complain about outrageous wages and be shit or pay them and have a chance i'm afraid.

but we already pay outrageous wages and are shit ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

What a strange post. I can't judge a man on his actions? 

You can, it's just you said "it's not just the reports in the papers" , implying you know him outside of what's been reported. I was just interested to see when you met him since this isn't the impression of him I've had from others who have met him. 

You are of course fully entitled to your opinion though, regardless of whether or not it's formed on the basis of press reports, or otherwise. 

I think Chester will become a better player if he plays alongside Terry.  As long as it's just a one year deal with perhaps the chance of a second if we go up then financially I think it's an ok deal at £60k a week.  It's quite a pleasant change for one of the top pros in England willing to drop down a level and probably look to cut his teeth in coaching and possibly management rather than just go for the Sky money or demand walking into a Prem club as manager.  Hopefully we will be a Prem club next year anyway, but you know what I mean.

As for his personality yes he does seem like an often decent bloke capable of doing some pretty word removedy things.  Hopefully in one season the positive things would come through.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, striker said:

If this happens (I'm totally against it) and Villa get off to a poor start then Bruce is probably signing Villa's next manager.

Do you really think so? I have no idea of Terry's coaching ability or if he has started doing any of his badges or so on but do you honestly think that he would permanently replace Bruce in the event of a poor start?

2 hours ago, striker said:

If this happens (I'm totally against it) and Villa get off to a poor start then Bruce is probably signing Villa's next manager.

There's little to no chance John Terry will be the next villa manager. If Bruce does start badly then the new manager will be someone who can turn the ship around and make sure that we qualify for the playoffs at least. I can't imagine any scenario where our next manager would be someone who has zero management experience.

2 hours ago, Lomaski said:

My biggest concern, however, is his huge gambling problem which has forced him to re-mortgage his house twice and his cars are bought on tick. He is skint and Villa just may provide him with the pension bonus he is looking for. It does appear though, that his addiction hasn't seemed to affect his performances on the pitch.

Any evidence of this other than a 5 year old Daily Mail article?

Upon further investigation the remortgage was for £4m of renovations. Makes sense to remortgage and buy stuff on tick if the interest rates are low. Also in 2014 he made £10m selling his first house. 

I highly doubt he is anywhere near skint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont care what anyone thinks of his mistakes that is a remarkable gesture 

Warning below is : :offtopic:

It's not really. It's the equivalent of one of us giving £50 to someone in need. If I had the opportunity to donate 10% of my weekly wage to pay for the funeral of a kid who I knew and who had died from luekemia I'd do it too. Not having a go or anything but celebrities, businesses and rich people get far too much credit in general for making, in terms of their own financial wealth, very small donations. Gambling companies are notorious for similar gestures to boost their own PR. Not saying that's what Terry did here or that he had anything other than good intentions but his generousity isn't generous at all, it's just the same as the donations most of us make to charities regularly. We just don't get an article in the paper about it.  

Edited by villa89

Just now, villa89 said:

Warning below is : :offtopic:

It's not really. It's the equivalent of one of us giving £50 to someone in need. Not having a go or anything but celebrities, businesses and rich people get far too much credit in general for making, in terms of their own financial wealth, very small donations. Gambling companies are notorious for similar gestures to boost their own PR. Not saying that's what Terry did here or that he had anything other than good intentions but his generousity isn't generous at all, it's just the same as the donations most of us make to charities regularly. We just don't get an article in the paper about it.  

The thing I would say is why dont they all do it then? 

I cannot believe there are actually grown adults who give two shits about Terry's indiscretions. We're a two bit Championship club, if he helps us get out of this shit tip then I dont care if he drowns puppies in his free time.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing I would say is why dont they all do it then? 

I guess it's up to the individual but I would suggest that alot of these type of actions by footballers go unreported. Didn't Gabby pay for the medical treament of an ill family member?   

41 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I cannot believe there are actually grown adults who give two shits about Terry's indiscretions. We're a two bit Championship club, if he helps us get out of this shit tip then I dont care if he drowns puppies in his free time.

drowning-puppies-for-hours-tshirt-thmb.j

• Like 2

Haha, are we really retrofitting JT as a person now to justify him possibly being one of ours?

He obviously is a conflicting person, the bad things he has done outweigh saying nice things about stan and giving and paying 1% of one weeks wages (0.08% of his basic annual salary) to a family in need. No doubt that was a nice thing to do but hardly makes him philanthropist of the millennium. For perspective, it is about £15 from my yearly wage. 

Just like Gerrard and Rooney, the bloke is a grade a rocket polisher. I'll support him on the pitch, nothing more.

Edited by Ingram85

2 hours ago, Godders said:

You can, it's just you said "it's not just the reports in the papers" , implying you know him outside of what's been reported. I was just interested to see when you met him since this isn't the impression of him I've had from others who have met him. 

You are of course fully entitled to your opinion though, regardless of whether or not it's formed on the basis of press reports, or otherwise. 

I wasn't implying I know him. I was saying it wasn't just reports in the paper. He was fined by Chelsea for his behaviour where he allegedly joked about 9/11 infront of Americans. He was found guilty of racism by the F.A and the thing with Wayne Bridge was clearly accurate. 

1 hour ago, jim said:

Did he sleep with your Mrs as well?

Why would he have to personally effect me to dislike his actions?

I can't imagine someone who only dislikes the actions of someone whey they are personally effected by it. 

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why would he have to personally effect me to dislike his actions?

I can't imagine someone who only dislikes the actions of someone whey they are personally effected by it. 

Did you not know you're not allowed to dislike someone unless they do something to you?

I was forced to think Jimmy Savile was ace til he tried to finger me.... 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Â