Life After Death?

Designer1

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What happens if you meet up with your loved ones but then they do something horrible to you? Do you have to stay with them for eternity then? Or do you have to commit suicide and die for a second time and hope they didn't turn up in your second afterlife? 

The whole idea of an afterlife is ridiculous.

Maybe the concept is completely different to what any of us imagine it to be like. My envision is not another life like this one, but something completely different. Our spirit lives on in another realm with our loved ones. There are no arguments over anything because it's just complete love and peace. I do think there are possibly higher realms of where angels and possibly Jesus Christ will be present. It all sounds ridiculous but then so does other things we know and are yet to know about the universe. 

1 hour ago, zak said:

Hes not saying he doesnt want an afterlife, just saying you shouldnt be terrified of nothing, as you wont even know about it.

I wasn't directing that at MJ that was a general question

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Not particularly no . If everyone reunited with their loved ones there would be a colossal chain of reunions all the way back thorough the tree of life.

Your thinking logically, not thinking of the outside life only the world we  know of. My attitude is the more the merrier more bbqs! 

17 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It all sounds ridiculous but then so does other things we know and are yet to know about the universe. 

Indeed. Quantum theory sounds utterly bonkers, yet it has been proved to be correct.  There's data. It's verifiable. 

Now you postulate the bonkers idea of a heaven full of your loved ones (what about your unloved ones, btw? Are they there too?). Where's the data, so we can verify it? 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Indeed. Quantum theory sounds utterly bonkers, yet it has been proved to be correct.  There's data. It's verifiable. 

Now you postulate the bonkers idea of a heaven full of your loved ones (what about your unloved ones, btw? Are they there too?). Where's the data, so we can verify it? 

Data..... can I get back to you on that.

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your thinking logically, not thinking of the outside life only the world we  know of. My attitude is the more the merrier more bbqs! 

Well I hope it works out for you mate. 

35 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Well I hope it works out for you mate. 

Can I just add on a different subject your becoming one of my favourite posters lately. At first i thought you was a wind up merchant but I see you are not now  

I will sure invite you to one of our BBQS up there :) 

The question is, if you believe in afterlife, what do you believe you are like in that afterlife?

your "spirit"? does it have any mass? what does it involve.

Everyone talks of a place with loved ones etc, but your love for those people and your memories of them are all in your brain:

"After consolidation, long-term memories are stored throughout the brain as groups of neurons that are primed to fire together in the same pattern that created the original experience, and each component of a memory is stored in the brain area that initiated it"

When you die, your brain stays in your decaying body and these reactions no longer occur.

Thus even if there is an afterlife, you have no memories or love or anything which at all resembles you now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can I just add on a different subject your becoming one of my favourite posters lately. At first i thought you was a wind up merchant but I see you are not now  

I will sure invite you to one of our BBQS up there :) 

I've mellowed over time . :thumb:

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Data grew a soul and went to cowboy heaven.  It may sound bonkers, but it is verified by this picture.

royale.jpg

Â