Championship Fixtures 17/18

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Wait till Sky get their hands on the fixture list...

Already showing our opening 2 games live and I wouldn't be surprised if Norwich at home gets the nod too in our 2nd home game .

1 hour ago, John said:

Hull to take on their old manager's new team first up and they say the fixtures are random?  

Not that it's important but the fixtures aren't random at all, the fixtures are all manually selected. What a terrible job that must be! If ever there was a thank-less task eh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Lol play burton home and away in 4 days!

if there is a cup game in and around stick everything you have on that tie!

Really!!! Try just over 4 months :D

Edited by pacbuddies

Based solely on last season's finishing places, our opening 4 fixtures are the joint toughest run of 4 fixtures we have all season (along with weeks 39-42).  I think I prefer that to be honest.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

Based solely on last season's finishing places, our opening 4 fixtures are the joint toughest run of 4 fixtures we have all season (along with weeks 39-42).  I think I prefer that to be honest.

Might be better get them out the way early although based on last season our final games are tough. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'd prefer the opposite. 

As i said last season as well... its all about confidence as we are a pretty fragile team/club confidence wise.

we need some early wins to build that confidence.    Win our first 3 and we'll be flying, lose 2 of our first 3 and heads will drop and we'll end up struggling all season.

So would much prefer to play the easiest fixtures in the first 3 matches.

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I don’t think it is too bad a start to the season. Our home record was very good under Bruce and we start at home which allows us a good opportunity to get off to a winning start.

That it is. We then hopefully go into Cardiff away off the back of two wins, if we win the league cup game. I wouldn’t look any further ahead than that.

Bottom line is you have to play every team twice regardless of what order. You can’t predict what form a team is going to be in before you play them. Not many would have predicted we’d struggle so badly initially last season and overall have such a poor season. Not many would have predicted Huddersfield to have such a consistent season and get promoted and not many would have predicted Leeds blowing up over the last two months etc etc.

We need to go into next season confident, determined and not fearing anyone and hopefully have teams worrying about when they play us.

That's what should have happened last season. Villa need to go for the throat from the off and not sit back too much.

• Like 2

Â