Championship Fixtures 17/18

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Very hard start again

Best to face the better clubs early before they have a rhythm. I am also glad we are going up against one of the relegated clubs first. 

The perfect starting run for those like me who feel the single most important thing is to see whether he will abandon his (very overly IMO) cautious approach and have us on the front foot going at teams.

Had there been one or two gentler fixtures itd have been harder to judge his approach.

10-12 points, next round of the Cup, by the end of August, and a positive approach, we will be up and running, and Bruce will be secure.

Less than 10, and/ or that very cautious approach, and he will be in the dock when we restart in 2nd week of September.

46 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

When do Sky pick the September matches? Shall I risk getting my train tickets for Brentford? Who would want to watch that outside of Birmingham and west London?!

According to the Mail it's in about a month but that seems a bit far off to me.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Do yer own homework!

Preserved so that I can point out it's your fault to anyone who gets up at the wrong time of night for a game.

:trollface:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BOF said:

Every single home team on week 2 are also home on week 3.  I've never seen that happen before.

I've just checked all the fixtures and all the away teams go away the week after aswell!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I've just checked all the fixtures and all the away teams go away the week after aswell!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

When do Sky pick the September matches? Shall I risk getting my train tickets for Brentford? Who would want to watch that outside of Birmingham and west London?!

It was on TV last season so they might think Brentford will hammer us again.

I'm sure Bruce will show us in Pre-season games that nothing has changed in our style of play and intend during games. I'm Villa through and through and we deserve something special on the pitch just like our name suggests. So I'm sure I'll be calling for his head before the season begins.

My expectaions for this great club wrongly situationed at the second level of English football are the following

AV 4-0 Hull

Colchester 0-4 AV

Cardiff 0-2 AV

Reading 0-2 AV

AV 4-0 Norwich

Bristol C 0-2 AV

Anything less than 3 wins/1 draw/1 defeat (Reading away) in the league (even throwing the cup-tie) then we have to take the 14 days break after Bristol to find a new manager even though we should have got shot of him already.

On 21/06/2017 at 10:41, BOF said:

Every single home team on week 2 are also home on week 3.  I've never seen that happen before.

It happened last season. Week 2 was Rotherham at home and week 3 was then Huddersfield at home....

Hull h

Cardiff a 

Reading a 

Norwich h

Bristol a

Brentford h 

Middlesbrough h

Barnsley a

Notts Forest h 

That's the first 9 fixtures, and it's a long old season, but that would represent just under 20% of our season. 

I think we should be able to get perhaps 6-7 wins out of that, all the home games, and one or two of the away, and then draw one or two, and perhaps lose one or two. So... that would be around 22 points, I think that's doable if we hit the ground running.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Hull h

Cardiff a 

Reading a 

Norwich h

Bristol a

Brentford h 

Middlesbrough h

Barnsley a

Notts Forest h 

That's the first 9 fixtures, and it's a long old season, but that would represent just under 20% of our season. 

I think we should be able to get perhaps 6-7 wins out of that, all the home games, and one or two of the away, and then draw one or two, and perhaps lose one or two. So... that would be around 22 points, I think that's doable if we hit the ground running.

I saw nothing at all in the back end of last season that leads me to conclude we will win that many games in the first 9. Nothing at all.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I saw nothing at all in the back end of last season that leads me to conclude we will win that many games in the first 9. Nothing at all.

Yeah but now we've got John Terry (probably).

Edited by alreadyexists

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:26, Grasshopper said:

I'm sure Bruce will show us in Pre-season games that nothing has changed in our style of play and intend during games. I'm Villa through and through and we deserve something special on the pitch just like our name suggests. So I'm sure I'll be calling for his head before the season begins.

My expectaions for this great club wrongly situationed at the second level of English football are the following

AV 4-0 Hull

Colchester 0-4 AV

Cardiff 0-2 AV

Reading 0-2 AV

AV 4-0 Norwich

Bristol C 0-2 AV

Anything less than 3 wins/1 draw/1 defeat (Reading away) in the league (even throwing the cup-tie) then we have to take the 14 days break after Bristol to find a new manager even though we should have got shot of him already.

I`ll have what the Grasshopper has been drinking

• Like 1

6 hours ago, One For The Road said:

This. I actually think the buzz and excitement around the first game will go somewhere during the first half against hull when it becomes very clear nothing has changed in our playing style. And it won't either. He had them 7 months , mon -Fri at bodymor heath and the football was dreadful. Won't change when the reconv

8 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

This. I actually think the buzz and excitement around the first game will go somewhere during the first half against hull when it becomes very clear nothing has changed in our playing style. And it won't either. He had them 7 months , mon -Fri at bodymor heath and the football was dreadful. Won't change when the reconv

That's the spirit! ;) 

• Like 2

Â