Championship Fixtures 17/18

Demitri_C

On paper we say these games are tough based on this season but we dont know if these teams are going to be as strong as this season. Like VillaChris says if we have any hopes of promotion should not matter. If we can start well against these sides then I will feel confident 

I don’t think it is too bad a start to the season. Our home record was very good under Bruce and we start at home which allows us a good opportunity to get off to a winning start.

That it is. We then hopefully go into Cardiff away off the back of two wins, if we win the league cup game. I wouldn’t look any further ahead than that.

Bottom line is you have to play every team twice regardless of what order. You can’t predict what form a team is going to be in before you play them. Not many would have predicted we’d struggle so badly initially last season and overall have such a poor season. Not many would have predicted Huddersfield to have such a consistent season and get promoted and not many would have predicted Leeds blowing up over the last two months etc etc.

We need to go into next season confident, determined and not fearing anyone and hopefully have teams worrying about when they play us.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If we are serious about getting promoted  then we should fear no one or no run of fixtures.  Come on you Villa boys!

This. If we are planning on being in the top 2 (which we should be) then the order of our fixtures isn't really relevant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

What better place to bring up the 100 points :D 

I'd say that fixture depends on whether they've been relegated or not.  It'll either be their last chance to stick one on someone and leave their mark, or they're still up.  Although in reality, it'll be their last chance to hit someone before the summer anyway, so our fans will probably get a doing by virtue of being a big club.

Hull to take on their old manager's new team first up and they say the fixtures are random?

Small Heath will need to have a terrible season if we are going to send them down in February! :D  

We have a tough start and the finish will not be a cake walk. We just need to turn 12 of last season's draws into wins and 8 of last season's defeats into draws. Simples..;)   

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'd say that fixture depends on whether they've been relegated or not.  It'll either be their last chance to stick one on someone and leave their mark, or they're still up.  Although in reality, it'll be their last chance to hit someone before the summer anyway, so our fans will probably get a doing by virtue of being a big club.

Will be a noon kick off too as it's the last  day of the season - could have been worse though , at least it's not Sunderland away.

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, John said:

Hull to take on their old manager's new team first up and they say the fixtures are random?

Small Heath will need to have a terrible season if we are going to send them down in February! :D  

We have a tough start and the finish will not be a cake walk. We just need to turn 12 of last season's draws into wins and 8 of last season's defeats into draws. Simples..;)   

Tough start ? We should look at those opening fixtures and fancy our chances against all of those - I'm delighted with the opening 2 months fixtures.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Tough start ? We should look at those opening fixtures and fancy our chances against all of those - I'm delighted with the opening 2 months fixtures.

I consider it is a tough start but like yourself I fancy our chances against all of them. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John said:

I consider it is a tough start but like yourself I fancy our chances against all of them. :)

December could be our toughest month with Leeds boro derby and brentford all away that month - but hopefully by then we will be flying high and full of panache

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Unless I'm reading it wrong dosen't seem as many midweek games as last season, from reading that only Boro and Ipswich are midweek home games.

Wait till Sky get their hands on the fixture list...

Â