Florida - friend has a caution

Dodgyknees

So we have been saving to go to Florida in 2018, and have booked tickets. A group of us, 8 adults, 4 kids.

I was speaking to one of our group today and he confessed he was arrested and got an 'adult caution' about '8 years ago' for falsely filling out a form. From what I gather, he filled out or changed something on a prescription and the pharmacy called police. He said he has not been arrested since. Said it was his only offence.

Based on this being the absolute truth from him (I sure hope it is) what do we need to do about the trip? I have never been to America so have no answers.

A caution is probably ok. That sounds like something relatively soft that doesn't go on your permanent record? Fill out the online tourist visa thing and see if it gives the ok.

At the same time he should get his record from the police and ask an official immigration service person if this looks o,k as the officers at US port entry have the authority to stop you regardless of having a valid tourist visa, if they have reason.

I wouldn't want to give bad advice and find someone stranded at an airport whilst their family fly off without them but personally I wouldn't tell them  , fairly sure the US Govt don't have access to our police database so they wouldn't even know about a caution .... I do know 2 people with a caution who have filled in the ESTA online without declaring cautions and  flown there without any problem ... but like I say I wouldn't want to swear by it

I've got my own issue with going to the US at present as I've visited 4 of the countries on their "muslim " list and as such I have to have an appointment at the US embassy in London and then they will tell me in 6 to 8 weeks if I'm allowed to enter the US or not  ... Obviously I won't fit the "profile" but it's a lot of agro so I doubt I'll be going to the US until Trump is out of office   ..... I could just apply for a new Passport and take my chances I suppose

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 10:00, tonyh29 said:

I've got my own issue with going to the US at present as I've visited 4 of the countries on their "muslim " list and as such I have to have an appointment at the US embassy in London and then they will tell me in 6 to 8 weeks if I'm allowed to enter the US or not  ... Obviously I won't fit the "profile" but it's a lot of agro so I doubt I'll be going to the US until Trump is out of office   ..... I could just apply for a new Passport and take my chances I suppose

That's terrible. As a new dual citizen I am completely embarrassed by the buffoon currently occupying the White House and apologize unabashedly.

Â