Summer Footy. Confederations Cup & Euro U-21

sne

32 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He is still only 22. He also hasn't really had real bad injury troubles. He is a good player.  

He missed 3/4 of a year with a leg injury, was named in the Germany team and then the Olympic team but had to pull out with a reoccurring shoulder injury, he made the Germany 2014 WC squad but had to pull out with injury...

The VAR trials at the Confederations Cup has been a huge success according to FIFA President Gianni Infantino :wacko:

So I guess it's settled then.

Next stop will be challenges and yellow flags. To be followed by quarters, commercial breaks, and a FIFA controlled "War room" no doubt.

God I hate FIFA.

ITV declared it a success today because it was used to rightly give Portugal a pen

the fact that it was an all Dwyer and easy decision that should never have needed VAR was missed, so was the fact that Mexico should have had a pen for a push at the end but again Portugal benefitted from a bizarre lack of review

Was Ronaldo injured during the 3rd place play off? Injured or does he only want the cameras on him when he can win first prize? Noticed he put himself in the order of taking the potential winning penalty against Chile. Word removed. 

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Was Ronaldo injured during the 3rd place play off? Injured or does he only want the cameras on him when he can win first prize? Noticed he put himself in the order of taking the potential winning penalty against Chile. Word removed. 

He left because his sons were born

• Like 1

Chile compared to England is what a well ran international team can do. Sanchez and Vidal aside England have a better pool of players but while Chile are so fluid England are all over the place. Isla, Vargas, Jara and Beausejour are all vital squad members and they are barely Championship level players from their time in England

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chile compared to England is what a well ran international team can do. Sanchez and Vidal aside England have a better pool of players but while Chile are so fluid England are all over the place. Isla, Vargas, Jara and Beausejour are all vital squad members and they are barely Championship level players from their time in England

Not good enough at the back though to win a world cup. Suppose it's the price you pay when you don't produce big physical players so have to play short stocky midfielders in central defence.

Been interesting watching Rudiger this half considering he's being linked with 40m moves to the prem. Tough and reads the danger but he's so ungainly when in possession of the ball and frequently just smashes the ball aimlessly forward when under pressure. Perfect premier league defender then, reminds me a lot of Mamadou Sakho.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not good enough at the back though to win a world cup. Suppose it's the price you pay when you don't produce big physical players so have to play short stocky midfielders in central defence.

they have a population of 35 million less and except 2 I mentioned no other players at top clubs in Europe

I don't think he's any better than mustafi personally

but when you've got rudiger, mustafi, Hummel, boateng, ginter, howedes, then sule, tag, gerhardt, baumgartl, stark, kempf all coming through and then maybe even badstuber staying fit...not bad

On 7/1/2017 at 13:52, sne said:

The VAR trials at the Confederations Cup has been a huge success according to FIFA President Gianni Infantino :wacko:

So I guess it's settled then.

Next stop will be challenges and yellow flags. To be followed by quarters, commercial breaks, and a FIFA controlled "War room" no doubt.

God I hate FIFA.

Just shows how far FIFA has its head up its own arse. 

Bunch of corrupt words removed

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I love watching them but Uruguay and Paraguay both got further in world cups and both have smaller populations.

Might help if Chile don't get Brazil in round of 16 for once.

sine 2014 they have won 2 Copa Americas, knocked out probably the greatest national team in history at the World Cup. Kept Ronaldo and Messi x2 scoreless in knockout games

I think they will be satisifed with themselves ;)

Wow, one of the most blatant red card offences in the history of professional football not only does the referee miss it, after being drawn to it by the video ref he watches it on the screen and then gives a yellow. Un-be-lievable 

Â