Summer Footy. Confederations Cup & Euro U-21

sne

Not a fan of the video refereeing.

Think it hinders more than it helps. Not sure the Chile goal that was disallowed was even offside.

Goal line technology is great, but let's leave it at that for the moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

VAR ruling out a Portugal goal after 15 seconds, good stuff.

I really think we'll look back in 5 years time and wonder how on earth football stayed in the dark ages for so long.

Was rather annoying that it delayed things after the Portugal second goal. Needs to be quicker because football isn't like Cricket 

I think the 30 minute halves is a good idea because in reality we don't get that now and if the clock stopped after a thrown-in, Foul, Corner etc it would stopped all this time wasting and the refs not adding enough injury time. 

Edited by PaulC

It still stakes the spontaneity out of the game.  The players celebrate a goal the fans celebrate a goal and a minute later its disallowed. Not saying it shouldn't be used but I can see why they have been reticent to use it unlike goal-line technology which is virtually instant. 

I suppose it's summer footy of sorts.

Linfield have just been drawn against Celtic if they can get past their next CL opponent (from San Marino).

That's Linfield.  Versus Celtic.  In Belfast.  On July the 12th (ahem)

:crylaugh::crylaugh: 

In Northern Ireland, where almost half the population is from an Irish Catholic background, The Twelfth is a tense time. Orange marches through Irish Catholic and Irish nationalist neighbourhoods are usually met with opposition from residents, and this sometimes leads to violence. Many people see these marches as sectarian, triumphalist, supremacist, and an assertion of British and Ulster Protestant dominance. The political aspectshave caused further tension. Marchers insist that they have the right to celebrate their culture and walk on public streets, particularly along their 'traditional routes'.  In a 2011 survey of Orangemen throughout Northern Ireland, 58% of Orangemen said they should be allowed to march through Catholic or Irish nationalist areas with no restrictions; 20% said they should negotiate with residents first.Some have argued that members of both communities once participated in the event;although it has always been a Protestant affair and many Catholics opposed the marches

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I suppose it's summer footy of sorts.

Linfield have just been drawn against Celtic if they can get past their next CL opponent (from San Marino).

That's Linfield.  Versus Celtic.  In Belfast.  On July the 12th (ahem)

:crylaugh::crylaugh: 

Luckily this is a football match between one team from Northern Ireland and one team from Scotland, and all the supporters involved are primarily motivated by football and none of the other total bollocks that might affect a gathering like this.

• Like 1

Just now, ChrisVillan said:

Luckily this is a football match between one team from Northern Ireland and one team from Scotland, and all the supporters involved are primarily motivated by football and none of the other total bollocks that might affect a gathering like this.

brick-lol.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

How did Aidy Boothroyd get this gig. Seriously.

Because Gareth Southgate perhaps more perplexingly somehow got the other gig.  I mean I get the whole 'production line' ethos behind promoting from within, but Jesus that shouldn't just happen for the sake of it.

• Like 1

Not seen the game, but what an odd line up in there he England u21

No Hughes, Gray or Redmond.

A 433 with Hughes, Chalobah and Baker in midfield and Redmond, Abrahams and Gray up front would be far better, but Bothroyd won't go that advantageous 

German keeper must have Aussie in-laws or something. 

Pleased to see us give  it a bit of a shake at the end. A bit of polish lacking in the final ball but that's so often the case for Aussie footballers. 

Rogic will be something special though if he ever decides he could be arsed to put in some graft. 

• Like 1

Loving the Swedish away fans at the U-21 Euro's.

Once again it's a massive loud yellow wall rivaled almost only by the Südtribüne in Dortmund.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

How did Aidy Boothroyd get this gig. Seriously.

its farcical. 1 fluky season of hoofball at Watford with Ashley Young and a great season for King but the rest of his career really is a joke.

Â