Southampton v Manchester City
Swansea City v Stoke City
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
West Ham United v Everton

Had a quick glance and Huddersfields final four games are horrendous

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

:o You're not wrong :lol:

I think they have to start well or they will be back here straight up. I think they will finish 20th.  I dont particularly think they are a good team. We completely outplayed them at villa park under RDM. I think you need more than team spirit at PL level.

Damn right.  I plan on making money from that league next season.  All sheets are already updated and ready to go... :D

Can someone please remind me of the current rules around inclusion of a set number of British players in a teams match day squad (if there is at all). And if it differs with Championship?

I was listening to a phone in around the impact of foreign players on homegrown talent, and wasn't sure if any sort of ruling still stood.

6 hours ago, turvontour said:

Can someone please remind me of the current rules around inclusion of a set number of British players in a teams match day squad (if there is at all). And if it differs with Championship?

I was listening to a phone in around the impact of foreign players on homegrown talent, and wasn't sure if any sort of ruling still stood.

Just the squad isn't it for the premier league? No restrictions on who actually plays. 8 of the 25 player squad in the premier league must be "homegrown" but it's all shite as all the foreign players qualify after being at UK acadamies for a couple of years, Cesc Fabregas counts as homegrown... You can also use as many u21 players as you like in addition to the named 25 man squad

As for us / The EFL each matchday squad must have 6 homegrown players as part of the 18, From 18/19 this is going upto 7 and you will also have to name a "club developed" player. Again this could be a foreign kid as long as they have been on the books for at least 12 months by the end of their u19 season.

The punishment for not naming a club developed player?  only allowed 6 subs instead of 7...

Edited by LakotaDakota

Would urge anyone to lump on Mark Hughes being first manager sacked. Stoke start at Everton away and their first 3 home games are Arsenal, Man. United and Chelsea. Think they'll massively struggle against relegation next season.

I have to say even for the premier league 8 games in December is ridiculous. Could they not have played a midweek round in August or September when it's still light and nice evenings for football? Surely they could've played some games when the champions league/europa play off round are as there's only I think two teams involved in qualifying.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I have to say even for the premier league 8 games in December is ridiculous. Could they not have played a midweek round in August or September when it's still light and nice evenings for football? Surely they could've played some games when the champions league/europa play off round are as there's only I think two teams involved in qualifying.

I look forward to Klopp and Guardiola moans about it :) 

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would urge anyone to lump on Mark Hughes being first manager sacked. Stoke start at Everton away and their first 3 home games are Arsenal, Man. United and Chelsea. Think they'll massively struggle against relegation next season.

Hope you didn't have too much on ;)

Southampton have sacked manager Claude Puel after one season in charge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40051080

With the baggies being at home first game and our league kicking off the week before.  Good chance we are at home first game.  That is my only reason for looking at premier league fixtures.  Look at the baggies games and when they are at home we are away.  Gives you a head start on booking holidays and so on!

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

With the baggies being at home first game and our league kicking off the week before.  Good chance we are at home first game.  That is my only reason for looking at premier league fixtures.  Look at the baggies games and when they are at home we are away.  Gives you a head start on booking holidays and so on!

Of course our game or theirs could be on different days. Lets not forget usually have a midweek game as well within first few weeks. Woukd prefer if our final game was at home as that could always be important

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I have to say even for the premier league 8 games in December is ridiculous.

They have to do somthing to arrest the plummeting viewership numbers. Sky are paying £10m per game!

Sky TV have suffered their biggest drop in viewers for live Premier League games since records started in 2010.

According to the Financial Times, the average number of viewers on Sky Sports’ live channels fell 14 per cent this past season, with total viewing hours suffering a fall of 6 per cent.

http://www.football365.com/news/sky-suffer-record-drop-in-viewers-for-prem-games

Give it a few years and no Premier League games will be available on UK TV. It'll be screened solely for the purpose of the far eastern market. 

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

Give it a few years and no Premier League games will be available on UK TV. It'll be screened solely for the purpose of the far eastern market. 

Sky will go bust if they ever lose the premier league hence they keep overbidding and have to cut other areas of their sports operation.

Â