The Great Tower Block Fire Tragedy of London

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I don't know him from Adam. Could be a perfectly nice chap for all I know. :)

I have an opinion on what he's written - see above.

Interesting character,  check him out.  More than just another voice on the internet, interesting personal history and journey.

Honestly one of the most vile things I've seen in a while, made my blood boil.

Imagine how much of a sociopath you'd have to be to think people deserve to burn for simply being brown/Muslim. I can't even imagine ISIS being that callous towards their enemies.

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Disgusting and vile act. I hope they get the book thrown at them. Imagine being a family member and seeing that.

These people are evil.

I think using he phrase "People" is generous, possibly "Mutants" might be more appropriate.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly one of the most vile things I've seen in a while, made my blood boil.

Imagine how much of a sociopath you'd have to be to think people deserve to burn for simply being brown/Muslim. I can't even imagine ISIS being that callous towards their enemies.

Not sure about the last line considering they actually physically burnt their enemies, but yeah it's despicable.  Some twisted folk about.

Piers Morgan saying the people responsible should be deported   :rolleyes:

if this is a hate crime though , do we extend this to the people who burnt an effigy of Boris Johnson in Kent and the people cheering for him  and May to be burnt in Lewes yesterday ?  where do you draw the line  ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Piers Morgan saying the people responsible should be deported   :rolleyes:

if this is a hate crime though , do we extend this to the people who burnt an effigy of Boris Johnson in Kent and the people cheering for him  and May to be burnt in Lewes yesterday ?  where do you draw the line  ?

I think this is more disrepectiing the dead over a tragedy

I'm going to be different and not lay on the key outrage words. 

I'm just gonna say "I'm not even surprised". 

I'm also not surprised people are moaning about police time. 

I'm not surprised about the event, or who did it.

I'm about as bothered by this as I am when I hear about another school shooting in the states.  

It's just irritating.  Everything on the news just irritates me and pisses me off.  I'm not surprised when I see animal abuse, or child abuse, or politicians being contradictory doing anything, or when people from feminist, far left/right, transgender, vegans, rich people, poor people moaning about this, that and the other.  

We all moan, we all have opinions, but nothing ever gets done.  

So **** this lot, they're morons.  It's in very bad taste, like when someone dresses up as Hitler, or someone blows up a frog with a firework, or kids drink bleach to get famous on the internet. 

I'm not bothered - whatever.  90% of the population needs to just **** off, so this comes as no surprise.  These are the kind of people who moan about people not wearing poppies.  This story is tomorrows bog roll.

• Thanks 1

Indeed, it is moronic to think this video clip won't get posted by a mate or other of those responsible,when they only sent it on as "bantz". Once reposted it just snowballs. 

12 hours ago, turvontour said:

What is the criminal offence? I mean theyre clearly bellends but i'd be interested to know what theyd get done for.

I don't think there is an offence, a total waste of police time and resources. I don't think they will get done for anything to be honest

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think this is more disrepectiing the dead over a tragedy

I don't think it is when the words "hate crime " are being used  ... I'm not sure if they've actually be cautioned \ arrested but the Police don't usually investigate cases of disrespect do they ?

yeah its appalling but if we are going down the hate crime route for this its a potentially dangerous road

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I would make a very clear distinction between the two.  Burning in effigy is not actually calling for someone to be burnt, while the other incident is celebrating and mocking actual deaths.  If Johnson or May were to die in a fire and then people burnt them in effigy, that would be a very different matter.

1 hour ago, peterms said:

I would make a very clear distinction between the two.  Burning in effigy is not actually calling for someone to be burnt, while the other incident is celebrating and mocking actual deaths.  If Johnson or May were to die in a fire and then people burnt them in effigy, that would be a very different matter.

the crowds were chanting "Burn them"  .. the distinction of course would have to be did they mean the real "them" or the effigy 

but even still , celebrating and mocking the deaths isn't a hate crime is it ? ... it's sick , incredibly bad taste , stupid beyond belief  , but hate  ? I guess only they would really know

take it back a few years , when some people were celebrating Thatchers death , was that a hate crime or people exercising their right to show  their opinions  , irrespective of bad taste , sensitivity etc ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Am I right in saying there are now more people arrested for the Halloween prank than there are arrested for being responsible for killing the actual people in the tower 18 months on?  It seems being a clearing in the woods is now more of a crime than being an accessory to actual murder.  Good to know.

Sounds like BOF is plotting a murder :detect:

38 minutes ago, BOF said:

Am I right in saying there are now more people arrested for the Halloween prank than there are arrested for being responsible for killing the actual people in the tower 18 months on?  It seems being a clearing in the woods is now more of a crime than being an accessory to actual murder.  Good to know.

This incident represents a fairly easy collar and is good PR for the police, dealing with the actual criminal negligence behind the tragedy itself, or even the 5 knife related murders in London in the past week, is a bit more difficult. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I'm torn on police charges.

As a human I want them to get smacked with everything possible because their acts are stupid and sick, but in reality, police charges for it are a silly waste of time and a slippery slope to go down.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This incident represents a fairly easy collar and is good PR for the police, dealing with the actual criminal negligence behind the tragedy itself, or even the 5 knife related murders in London in the past week, is a bit more difficult. 

I disagree on the good PR but my views on the police and society in general means I'll bow out now because my blood is already far hotter than when I came in here :)

• Like 1

Â