League Cup Draw 1st Round

andykeenan

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

Oh and a slow sarcastic clap for the decision to seed the first round of the country's second cup.  Bravo.  Like football isn't stacked and cynical enough.

To be fair, I think this was something the smaller clubs were all in full favour of as it boosts the chances of drawing a big(ger) club and thus resulting in higher revenues from attendances, the league cup means very little to anyone now particularly League 1 and 2 clubs and ever more so when they have to travel the length of the country to play in front of 1000-2000 fans on a Tuesday night!

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

colchester not too bad finished 8th in league two. Obviously we were going to get a away game as always but I am glad if we can get in habit of winning away from home early will benefit us 

This is what I thought when we drew Luton last year. :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

To be fair, I think this was something the smaller clubs were all in full favour of as it boosts the chances of drawing a big(ger) club and thus resulting in higher revenues from attendances, the league cup means very little to anyone now particularly League 1 and 2 clubs and ever more so when they have to travel the length of the country to play in front of 1000-2000 fans on a Tuesday night!

I'd say the difference in attendance amongst the seeded and unseeded clubs in round 1 of the league cup means any gains would be marginal.  Yes Villa are in there so you double the chance of getting them by putting them in a pot half the size, but Oxford, Peterborough, Millwall, Southend are all seeded too.   It just seems overly fussy to me for what is a shit draw in the first place.  If it's a case that the smaller clubs wanted seeding then fair enough.  I can see why they'd want a geographical divide.  But seeding would surprise me.

On 12/06/2017 at 18:02, andykeenan said:
sure you g

League Cu

League Cu

League Cup Draw 1at Round

1at Round

praw 1at Round

et the best experience on our website. Learn More1

72791272.jpg

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

well we're undoubtedly the largest club in the league now, with Newcastle having vamoosed. We'll get plenty more screen time this time around

And we'll be f**king fleeced by Sky again by being almost constantly chosen as the away team, thereby getting a fraction of the TV money we should be getting.  words removed.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

And we'll be f**king fleeced by Sky again by being almost constantly chosen as the away team, thereby getting a fraction of the TV money we should be getting.  words removed.

Doesn't the away team get any TV money then? Must admit i thought it made no odds if you were home or away.

The upside is home games on 3 pm saturdays.

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Doesn't the away team get any TV money then? Must admit i thought it made no odds if you were home or away.

The upside is home games on 3 pm saturdays.

It matters a lot.

How is the money added up?

Championship clubs are awarded £100,000 for every home game broadcast on Sky, while they are given a £10,000 bonus for away clashes on the box.

Villa have hosted four Sky live matches this season, while they have been involved in 12 Championship TV fixtures away from Villa Park.

Villa's huge fanbase is the reason why they are so often selected for clashes away from Villa Park, as are Newcastle United and Leeds United, with Sky anticipating an increased audience.

I know it's hardly going to make or break us, but it just feels like we're being unfairly used for their own ends.  We get a paltry sum while their use of us gives them much more revenue than they'd otherwise get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

It matters a lot.

I know it's hardly going to make or break us, but it just feels like we're being unfairly used for their own ends.  We get a paltry sum while their use of us gives them much more revenue than they'd otherwise get.

And sky showed us away double the amount than at home absolute tossers

2 hours ago, BOF said:

It matters a lot.

Or that we will almost always sell out the away matches anyway ( and I believe in the efl away sides get 5% of the ticket sales compared to 0% in the Premier League) and by having more non televised home matches we will get larger home attendances?

Colchester away- fairly standard draw. I won't be going it's a bit early for cup games for me! I will get interested if we get past the first 2 rounds.

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

well we're undoubtedly the largest club in the league now, with Newcastle having vamoosed. We'll get plenty more screen time this time around

This is not a good thing, have you ever seen us on TV?

• Like 1

Seeing as I've never been to away games, I'm glad Sky choose us a lot. Cant get streams for non sky games these days in the championship so I'm grateful for every game of ours they show.

Â