FA Cup Final/Champions League Final

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

5th v 6th? That hardly matters, its an abomination for both teams

Man Utd got into the Champions League, Arsenal dropped out of it.

The FA Cup stopped their season being a complete write off.

I'd give Man Utd the edge over the season

I'd have given Man. United the edge if they'd finished top 4 aswell as winning the europa purely for the money they spent and the expectation that was there for them to challenge at the start of the season. If people were doing a combined 11 between the two clubs they'd be more Man. United players than Arsenal I'm sure. I just think they badly underachieved in the league and have got a free pass from a recent rule change. The Fa could easily make it top 3 and Fa cup winners gets CL.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd have given Man. United the edge if they'd finished top 4 aswell as winning the europa purely for the money they spent and the expectation that was there for them to challenge at the start of the season. If people were doing a combined 11 between the two clubs they'd be more Man. United players than Arsenal I'm sure. I just think they badly underachieved in the league and have got a free pass from a recent rule change. The Fa could easily make it top 3 and Fa cup winners gets CL.

Yes I agree Chris but it just feels like United have had a better season because they are in the champions league next season. Mourinho is a prat though having a dig at Klopp by saying we have done it by winning a competition not by finishing 4th. I think Liverpool have had a better season than United. 

Edited by PaulC

Liverpool did the best of them all to get top 4 considering they don't have much beyond the first 11. They overachieved first half of the season which inflated expectations they could challenge for the league which wasn't realistic.

Spurs didn't win anything but had another terrific season comfortably finishing 2nd which shouldn't just be dismissed.

Man. City of them all underachieved by not winning anything and playing some kamikaze football in the Cl knock outs.

Just shows how tough things are getting at the top now. 6 into 4 won't go so you're going to have from now on 2 teams missing out even if they're playing at a very good level and there won't always be the insurance of europa league qualification.

Shows the tough task of Everton aswell attempting to break into that group. They'll give it a go I'm sure but they need a few teams to fall off the cliff like the year Leicester won.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I agree Chris but it just feels like United have had a better season because they are in the champions league next season. Mourinho is a prat though having a dig at Klopp by saying we have done it by winning a competition not by finishing 4th. I think Liverpool have had a better season than United. 

There was actually a banner doing the rounds on social media yesterday of the Stretford End having a banner in 2001 calling it a mickey mouse treble when Liverpool won league cup, uefa cup and Fa cup all in one season. They also made champions league through the league that season aswell.

3 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Predictions? Fancy juventus but Ronaldo looks really up for it. Surprised they aren't starting Bale. The atmosphere seems amazing. 

Also, the black eyed peas as pre game entertainment? It's like a rubbish attempt to be like the Super Bowl. 

Didn't even have Fergie to perv on (no SAF jokes please ;))

Â