Calzaghe-Kessler, Fight Fight Fight Fight!

RichardCanning

Who'll win  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who'll win

• Kessler
    • Calzaghe

OK, I'll bite...Yes Rev, the 'taffs' are very proud of Joe. As are most British sports fans I know. Same as they were of Lennox Lewis, and are of Kevin Pietersen, and any other world class sportsmen i.e. NOT Rusedski who choose to represent their country, adopted or otherwise. Not that adopted applies to Calzaghe of course - he has just as much Welsh heritage as Italian. Makes no odds where he was born.

And anyway, you tell him to his face that he's not Welsh :D:wave:

Ill fight Joe Calzaghe!

(ill get 92.7% of the purse, the fight will be in Nuneaton and nowhere else, and it will be at 11am on a Tuesday. If Calzaghe doesnt like those terms: no fight. If he does ill probably twist my ankle the day before and be forced to honorably pull out..)

Every time I see the name Calzaghe I read Calzone and get really hungry...........

So Kessler for me......which in Swedish is almost the same as rolled ham........damn, hungry again!

There is no contract Santa, you can join up for just a month!

Any one off fee to sign?

Don'tyou have to give a months notice before cancelling, so you end up paying for two months anyway? The month you wanted it on for, then your months notice period?

Yeah, one off fee of a tenner, and you do have to give one months notice. I decided to phone them - they told me this, then, after 10 seconds of me umming and aahing they waived the £10 signing up fee.

I can't vote in this as I'm extremely biased with my hatred of Calzaghe. One of the most paper-thin resumes in the history of the sport, champion for 10 years and only ever taken 1 risky fight. Paper champion with a joke belt.

I hope Kessler takes his head off, but I doubt he will - Calzaghe doesn't do 'risk', he's avoided every challenge at every corner in his career. He says he'll retire inside 12 months, good **** riddance.

M8 you are an absolute fool of the highest order who nows jack all about boxing.how can you say joe has only fought one good opponent? lacy, Eubank, woodhall, bayer to name but a few.

he hasnt avoided nobody it been the other way round with others like jones jnr avoiding him.You say he has fought bums, maybe so with some of his oponents but he can only beat who is put in front of him.

he is a very humble guy and in my opinion one of the greatest white boxing champions of all time.fair enough you are intitled to your opinion but when your opinion is bullshit then im intitled to tell you it is.

I can't vote in this as I'm extremely biased with my hatred of Calzaghe. One of the most paper-thin resumes in the history of the sport, champion for 10 years and only ever taken 1 risky fight. Paper champion with a joke belt.

I hope Kessler takes his head off, but I doubt he will - Calzaghe doesn't do 'risk', he's avoided every challenge at every corner in his career. He says he'll retire inside 12 months, good **** riddance.

M8 you are an absolute fool of the highest order who nows jack all about boxing.how can you say joe has only fought one good opponent? lacy, Eubank, woodhall, bayer to name but a few.

he hasnt avoided nobody it been the other way round with others like jones jnr avoiding him.You say he has fought bums, maybe so with some of his oponents but he can only beat who is put in front of him.

he is a very humble guy and in my opinion one of the greatest white boxing champions of all time.fair enough you are intitled to your opinion but when your opinion is bullshit then im intitled to tell you it is.

I said he'd only ever taken 1 risky fight, please try to quote me correctly if you're going to quote me at all.

The one risky fight was Lacy, of course he had to have the fight in the UK despite Lacy holding the more important belt at the time - that's Calzaghes MO. After he fought Lacy he said he'd never take on crap opponents again and would be moving up in class. He then went on to fight Sakio Bika (WHO??) and Peter Manfredo Jr...yes we'd all heard of Manfredo Jr as he was on the Contender, and he never even won that AND he's naturally only a Jr Middleweight.

Feel free to point out where Jones Jr avoided Calzaghe, same thing with Hopkins. It hasn't happened, Calzaghe has mouthed off about it for years but every time there was a hint of the fights happening he's ran and hid behind Frank Warren and the WBO mandatory challenger selection commitee - hence his blatant and shameless ducking of Glen Johnson that I pointed out in my previous post.

Yes he beat Eubank, who was over the hill and a late substitute (I think for Steve Collins) Eubank took the fight at short notice while in preparation for a fight at cruiserweight, as a consequence he was horribly weight drained. Good name to have on your record but he didn't beat the 'real' Eubank. This is a pattern that good old Joe has followed his entire career in fact. You mentioned Woodhall who was also on his last legs when Joe finally fought him, and again Woodhall is only a natural 160 fighter. You mention someone called 'Bayer', I presume you mean Markus Beyer who was the WBC 168 champ for a while. Not only have you spelt his name wrong you've got your facts wrong, Calzaghe never fought him. Probably had a bad back or a twisted little finger or something. Kessler fought Beyer, and beat him.

When you get a spare few minutes get onto youtube and watch some Jones Jr footage, throw in a little Hopkins too if you've got time to kill - then come back and tell me why these guys would ever be scared of Calzaghe :roll:

I'm really looking forward to this. I have more than enough beer to see me through to 3 am and even the missus is gonna stay up and watch it with me.

Calzaghe will win by unaminous decision and will give Kessler a lesson similar to the one he gave Jeff Lacey.

When you get a spare few minutes get onto youtube and watch some Jones Jr footage, throw in a little Hopkins too if you've got time to kill - then come back and tell me why these guys would ever be scared of Calzaghe :roll:

Had to remove the bold text, but i was reading Frank Warren's column in the paper today. I almost laughed out loud when he claimed Calzaghe is a better fighter than Jones Jr ever was.

In the time ive been around (im 28 years old) Roy Jones Jr at his peak was easily the best pound for pound fighter on the planet.

Check this for a punch. Poetry in motion.

Had to remove the bold text, but i was reading Frank Warren's column in the paper today. I almost laughed out loud when he claimed Calzaghe is a better fighter than Jones Jr ever was.

In the time ive been around (im 28 years old) Roy Jones Jr at his peak was easily the best pound for pound fighter on the planet.

Check this for a punch. Poetry in motion.

Did Warren say that? Well much like David Gold, what do you expect from a pig but a grunt?

Jones Jr would have brutalised Calzaghe, **** BRUTALISED him.

Just watched the fight, begrudging respect to Joe for finally becoming undisputed at his chosen weight. I had him winning by 2 rounds, a lot of close rounds in there though. I just don't understand why he's waited until he's nearly 36 years old before he did this....true Frank Warren fighter, no substance.

Actually that Kelley KO punch, amusing as it was was a bit over-rated, Kelley wasn't the best of fighters. Watch Jones demolish Bernard Hopkins and James Toney for examples of true genius. Hopkins is a legend and is still a champ now at 42-43 years old, Toney is one of the best fighters I've ever seen - and he never even won a round against Jones.

Calzaghe deserved it although I have to say Kessler looked dangerous and because of his power was always in the fight.

Calzaghe can be his own worst enemy sometimes by getting too complacent but when he does what he does best and drew Kessler in then threw 4,5 punch combinations then backed off, he again looked unbeatable.

Bring on Hopkins.

Â