Germany 23rd July

NeilS

12 hours ago, Denis242 said:

For me that are absolutely great news, as I am from Bielefeld. :)

You should've seen my face as they announced this game today in the Stadium at the friendly game vs Norwich, which Arminia Bielefeld lost 3-1.

It is the first time that I can see Villa play in real life. In 2013 they were here before on a training tour and I made fotos with players like Gabby,Guzan and El Ahmadi etc. at the Hotel Klosterpforte Marienfeld, where all the teams that play friendlies here go to......

Anyway I am so excited, and I hope we will bring a decent support with us. ;)

I will surely have my Villa kit on that day. Up the Villa!

Loved reading your post mate and how excited you are. I think those of us that go regularly perhaps take it all for granted. Hope you love every minute of it and have a great day.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Denis242 said:

For me that are absolutely great news, as I am from Bielefeld. :)

You should've seen my face as they announced this game today in the Stadium at the friendly game vs Norwich, which Arminia Bielefeld lost 3-1.

It is the first time that I can see Villa play in real life. In 2013 they were here before on a training tour and I made fotos with players like Gabby,Guzan and El Ahmadi etc. at the Hotel Klosterpforte Marienfeld, where all the teams that play friendlies here go to.

The Heidewaldtstadion is not in Bielefeld but in the local city Gütersloh.

I was there last year when Arminia played Marseille (won 1 or 2-0). It is a nice very old fashioned ground (some might say outdated), but it is a worthy trip.

Does any one of you come to that game here? Gütersloh is also not far away from Duisburg, and there are nice places here and there where you can have a nice time with friends or family.

I am really buzzing for that game. I hope Aston Villa play nearly as good as Norwich (which wouldn't be that hard tbf, Arminia were quite poor today), and win.

But based of the preseason so far, it might be ruth.

In the first half Arminia was on the same level as Norwich (1-2), but in the second half Norwich should've scored at least 3 goals, but they had Cameron Jerome in attack (who scored a penalty, but wasn't very clinical in front of goal to say the least).

But oncame Nelson Oliveira who showed his class with a run through the defense and a class finish.

I hope Jonathan Kodjia can play, as I think he can cause some problems for Arminias defense.

Anyway I am so excited, and I hope we will bring a decent support with us. ;)

I will surely have my Villa kit on that day. Up the Villa!

Have a great day Denis, I hope they score a few goals.

15 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Does anyone know the squad that has been taken out to Germany?

Yaaaaas, it's everyone apart from Gardner, Mcoremack, Tish and Elphick. Which is why I'm looking forward to this mini tournoi, and seeing a first 11 emerge, and seeing the likes of Whelan and Elmo at it. That aside, I love the format, should do all cups over an afternoon in 45 minute games.

On 22/07/2017 at 02:23, Reivax_Villa said:

The tournament will be streamed live on the villa youtube channel

I watched the other games live on youtube (and can still see these listed) but when I go to the youtube channel now I'm not seeing this screen above...am I doing something wrong?! If they are 45 minute games do we play at 1pm and ?? 

26 minutes ago, Stevomanila said:

I watched the other games live on youtube (and can still see these listed) but when I go to the youtube channel now I'm not seeing this screen above...am I doing something wrong?! If they are 45 minute games do we play at 1pm and ?? 

This link should work. In the description it says this:

Aston Villa v MSV Duisburg 12noon – 45min game
Hertha Berlin v Malaga 1pm – 45min game
3rd v 4th place play-off 2pm – 45min game
Final 3pm – 45min game

• Thanks 1

Thanks yeah annoyingly they must have changed the settings as the other games all worked, that link just says the video is not available in the country I'm in (Switzerland) so I'm going down the VPN route to be sure...thanks for posting the game times, hopefully a fun day ahead!

So assuming all goes well we play at 12pm and then at 3pm in the final.

Should be a good day of football and hopefully the other teams show our team how to play attacking football we need to learn.

On 22 July 2017 at 10:45, AXD said:

Not much mentioned on the OS, just that it's sold out

Would it be worth driving up there?

Id say it depends greatly on where you are, if you are here in Solihull I wouldn't think so!

Â