Germany 23rd July

NeilS

6 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

and while the trophy is certainly unique...... i kinda like it.   Unique can be good.

It's so unique that you can buy them anywhere, in fact a poster on another site dug out the version his son had won at his football course..... Not the player of the course or anything, the one that they all got for taking part. 

It's called the Xplode trophy or something, google it! 

They would be hard pushed to have a less unique trophy. 

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's so unique that you can buy them anywhere, in fact a poster on another site dug out the version his son had won at his football course..... Not the player of the course or anything, the one that they all got for taking part. 

It's called the Xplode trophy or something, google it! 

They would be hard pushed to have a less unique trophy. 

Yeah, I guess it's only unique in the sense that it's new to ME.   But since I was discussing my reaction...... I still kinda like it.   :) 

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Yeah, I guess it's only unique in the sense that it's new to ME.   But since I was discussing my reaction...... I still kinda like it.   :) 

I have a miniature of the European Cup somewhere. 

Go buy yourself one, it can be rekindle cherished memories of our glorious Cup of Traditions victory, something to tell the kids about whilst showing them the replica. 

Seriously I suspect that the actual trophy we were awarded is some kind of advertisement for the manufacturers of the miniature trophies you can buy. I don't think you can go out and buy the actual 4 ft monstrosity (no offence intended), it looks like they are some kind of trophy brand.  I suspect all of the Xplode miniature trophies have giant versions awarded at various competitions. 

Charleroi fans apparently, they'd played fortuna Düsseldorf 

was also a couple of stories about how a couple of them had been in there drinking and chatting with villa fans waited for the bigger boys to leave then went and got their lads, when they attacked it was just families and quiet drinkers

absolute words removed 

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 17:42, chrisvilla4 said:

Got to say guys that I read most of this thread late last night and it really cheered me up! Some brilliant posts  

Great work fellas! :) 

agreed!  I read this thread after the fact knowing the results and to see the energy and positiveness from just about all posts gave me goose bumps!

Â