Germany 23rd July

NeilS

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but a little bit of news about the German friendlies from the Birmingham Mail. It sounds like 45 minute matches, which might work in our favour as we can never manage a good 90 minutes these days. :P

German Tournament details

Aston Villa will travel to Germany as part of their pre-season preparations for the 2017/18 season, the club have confirmed.

Villa will take part in the Schauinsland-Reisen tournament. The mini-competition will be held at the MSV-Arena in Duisburg, on Sunday July 23 with kick-off at 12pm UK time.

The MSV-Arena houses just over 31,000 people with around 7,000 of those standing and teams involved in the tournament will play matches that last just 45 minutes.

cant do the sunday but might try and fly out for the tuesday, all of it seems a bit strange, the 45 minute games and the dutch minnows in germnay

the lot that i do know that are going are all staying in dusseldorf, half hour away from duisberg i think

38 minutes from Dusseldorf Central Station to the football stadium in Duisburg. Direct train. Would probably fly in to Dusseldorf instead of driving which I did when we were in Paderborn.

Hi

Go to a Dortmund game. They play great football. They play their Cup final this weekend, so untill they know if they are in their equiv Charity shield they have no preseason info

Dortmund is easy to get to from Cologne, Duisburg and Düsseldorf.

try Flixbus for bustravel or DB for trains www are in English too

• 2 weeks later...

im looking at it, theres not a great deal of info out there still as to whos playing, if any of the teams in the area play on the wednesday night then ill go to it, if there isnt a game then i might just do a stadium tour in dortmund

villa still havent announced where they're playing the game

• 1 month later...

Grealish is in the squad for the German tour.  Be good to see him involved again. At least he shows some attacking intent. 

Edited by dubbs
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Any idea yet if these are going to be on YowToob? (Black country channel)

Yes they are. I tweeted AVFCsupport this week to ask that very same question. They informed me the games will be streamed. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-pre-season-game-13363820.amp

Aston Villa's pre-season game against Vitesse Arnhem next week has been cancelled.

The cancellation was announced by Arnhem on their website stating the reason being that the game could not be played on German soil.

The German FA are thought to have pulled the plug on the game due to it being a match between England and Dutch teams.

The information was first reported by Villa fanatic and away travel guru Steve Gough.

Villa will instead be playing against Bielefeld at Heidewaldstadion in Gütersloh on Tuesday.

Change of plan in Germany. Anyone travelling be aware. @villa4europe

• Like 1

Â