Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So much disinformation on social media it's unreal. 

madness really, 90 minutes ago there were a couple of thousand tweets about a loud bang, 800,000 tweets later and still the only "real" info is that the police have confirmed that there has been an explosion of some sort and there are multiple people dead

Feels a lot like what happened in Brussels where they targeted the ticketing counter as the areas where they ideally wanted to plant the bombs are too well guarded. How do you defend against this? People have to get in and out somewhere..

• Like 1

Just now, magnkarl said:

Feels a lot like what happened in Brussels where they targeted the ticketing counter as the areas where they ideally wanted to plant the bombs are too well guarded. How do you defend against this? People have to get in and out somewhere..

Yep all the security would be concentrated on the actual arena I'd imagine but the entrance to Victoria would've been pretty deserted I reckon.

Think of somewhere like New Street at 11pm, hardly any security or staff floating around.

If you look at the video of everyone running down the stairs there seems to be lots of people milling about there (waiting to pick up kids?) maybe they have let people into the foyer/concourse to pick up kids a few mins before it was due to finish?

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

not sure if bullshit but people now reporting a gunman at oldham hospital

Edit, bullshit. Who are these idiots spouting fake news in a situation like this?

Edited by magnkarl

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Treated as terrorist incident now. 

Suspected terrorist incident. They're being deliberate with their language.

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

You wonder why people are becoming xenophobic..

Oh piss off.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Suspected terrorist incident. They're being deliberate with their language.

NBC saying terrorist incident confirmed. If this was an accident it would be treated as such. There isn't shrapnel and ball bearings in gas mains explosions. 

Not making me xenophobic, really couldn't give a shit what colour people are or where they are from but living in a small town it always seems to be something that happens in major cities so the possibility of something happening here never really crosses my mind. I suppose things like this just bring things closer to home. I have been to a dozen gigs so far this year at the LG & Barclaycard arenas and looking at my calendar for the year i have tickets to another 20 or so shows at the same venues along with a few in London. Guess i will be a little more wary and maybe a little more sober when attending future events

Â