Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

This is a disgusting act, but to read of people posting fake tweets about missing family members on social media just to generate retweets and likes sickens me. What kind of **** asshole do you have to be to take advantage of an event like this for something as meaningless as social media standing when there are people out there who are genuinely searching for their children?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

My mate at work is Muslim and when the conversation has turned to acts like this one he has said please don't call them 'Muslim terrorists' because they are not Muslims they are just terrorists, that's all they are. I can assure from any experience I've had with anyone of Muslim faith that 99.9% are just as upset and sickened as everyone else. Got to remember that every race, religion etc has some small minority of right pricks in it. It Is ignorant to judge them all by a few's actions. 

Agree mate. Exactly where they are from isn't important. Inflicting hatred against religions does not help the problem in fact it has the opposite effect.

Just saw on sky news a witness said there was a suspicious woman who was fidgeting and looking at the area where explosion occurred continuously. She got suspicious and told security but they did nothing. She went on that this person left 10 mins before explosion. Wonder if that is a coincidence or if more were involved?

This witness also slated the security saying they did not check bags

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Currently a video going around on fb showing what seems to be a ISIS soldier talking broken English claiming responsibility for this attack. 

They claim responsibility for everything, they claimed the Dortmund bus attack. They are essentially the terrorist version of John Terry changing into his kit to collect the champions league trophy.

• Like 1

People trying to defend this individuals actions please tell me the similarities between

a ) a government targeting dangerous people and known key targets of terrorist organisations with bombing but horribly, horrifically and unfortunately, innocent individuals have gotten caught up in it because these evil people purposely use them as cover/disguise/collateral damage

b ) A bomber targets innocent people at a pop concert.

Where is the sacrifice? Where are the justifications? I don't see them. IF these loons targeted high ranking government officials but innocent members of the public got caught up then maybe I could just about understand your point. But they don't. They never do. 

I understand what Mooney means, but in this situation and most similar western terrorist attacks, that rationale doesn't apply. They arent targeting those responsible for actions in tgeir countries, they are targeting our way of life in the preperation of taking over and importing muslim rule. That's what they want. Not retribution, they want control via fear. As do lone wolf supporters. So yes, they are cowards, they have no reason for posters here to try and justify their actions. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I just hope if the person responsible is of a Muslim culture, they don't promote him as Muslim. He would be a terrorist nothing else. This is the thing that I don't like. Muslims are people too, They should not be tarnished by these kind of acts of brutality. 

Seeing all the feeds on Facebook from worried relatives, god its heart breaking. Its hard not to feel emotional for these poor people. 

Remember the bird from Birmingham who stared down the little prick from the EDL a week or so ago ? I suggest that 99% of the Muslim population is more like her than the little coward in Manchester last night. 

• Like 4

Can not begin to comprehend what those who have missing family members must be going through at the moment. The reasons for anybody not being notified yet of a death don't really bare thinking about. Unfortunately you have to assume at this point, over 12 hours since the incident, that anyone missing is deceased. I can't think of any circumstances that would lead to one not being able to contact their family for that long. Then again, I wouldn't assume to know the entire processes that hospitals, for example, must abide by in these cases. If they have an unconcious but alive victim do they immediately try to track down the next of kin? But yeah, doesn't bare thinking about being in that situation.

I'm also a bit concerned by the early remarks and some suggestion of trampling of people in the ensuing chaos of the bomb. It would probably be even more upsetting to learn that some of the deaths were at least preventable - but then, how would one stop the panic in the very immediate aftermath? If, as it sounds, people were already leaving when the bomb was detonated, it wouldn't be as simple as telling everyone to stay where they are. And then there's the problem of working out exactly what's happened, what blocks of an arena it affects, is there still danger present, etc. which could take, what, 10 minutes bare minimum? Too late by then. Utterly shit situation.

Arndale evacuated this morning after suspicious bag found, luckily seems to be nothing and now re-opening but guessing there may be a few more incidents like this over the next day or two as the "better safe than sorry" approach will be taken for everything remotely suspicious

3 hours ago, Jon said:

Pales in comparison with how many innocent Muslim children the various western governments (of which we have been very prominent) have killed with scant regard or justification over the past X years.

Yes, it's evil. But so have been the actions of our governments, which have caused the death of tens of thousands of innocent Muslim children. That's partial 'justification'. They see it as a war, and this is retribution.

It's an unspeakably vile, horrific act, but the perpetrator is not 'cowardly' in the way that say a Bush or Blair kill millions but don't get their hands dirty. This person sacrificed themself.

Could you stand up in front of the parents of a killed child and say this to their faces? 

• Like 1

CBS reporter sparks fury with insensitive Ariana Grande tweet just hours after Manchester Arena blast kills 19.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/cbs-reporter-sparks-fury-with-insensitive-ariana-grande-tweet-just-hours-after-manchester-arena-blast-kills-19-fans/ar-BBBqkIW?li=AAavLaF&ocid=spartanntp

Apparently some aholes cant help themselves.

As funny as getting hit by a bus.

My missues took her daughter to the Ariana Grande concert in Birmingham last week. The mind boggles, fecking kids. 

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

CBS reporter sparks fury with insensitive Ariana Grande tweet just hours after Manchester Arena blast kills 19.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/cbs-reporter-sparks-fury-with-insensitive-ariana-grande-tweet-just-hours-after-manchester-arena-blast-kills-19-fans/ar-BBBqkIW?li=AAavLaF&ocid=spartanntp

Apparently some aholes cant help themselves.

As funny as getting hit by a bus.

What a dumbass. Horribly unfunny joke in any other circumstance, but just downright offensive in this one.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's thinking like this that turns me off from associating with the modern left. It's a callous, disrespectful and pathetic attempt at grandstanding.

Wow, what a terrible post.  Unsubstantiated assumptions for political means on the back of this?

No thanks.

40 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What a dumbass. Horribly unfunny joke in any other circumstance, but just downright offensive in this one.

And people are being called snowflakes for being offended. Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Â