Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

We are just going to keep the cycle of death going aren't we? Until there is no one left :(

Its the absolute hopelessness of it all that gets me. How the **** does the world stop this and come together and combat it in all its forms and guises? Is there an answer?

Edited by Ingram85

6 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Exactly this, I had no family or friends to worry about today but I found myself tearful sometimes.  The girls who have been named lived in our area don't know them but it's just horrific to think that somebody feels that this is justified.

Glad i've been working from home today as I've been upset most of the day and I'm an emotional cripple most of the time! 

Targeting kids. Lowest of the low. 

Just now, Ingram85 said:

We are just going to keep the cycle of death going aren't we until there is no one left.

No. It's no comfort, but the number of people killed by this type of heinous act world wide is relatively tiny (which doesn't diminish the horror at all). Of all the billions of people currently alive on the planet.....

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Its the absolute hopelessness of it all that gets me. How the **** does the world stop this and come together and combat it in all its forms and guises? Is there an answer?

I don't think there is an answer. You are dealing with people, thankfully a very tiny minority, who think blowing kids up at a concert up is 'justified' in their jihad. How do you stop that? :(

Edited by Xela

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

No. It's no comfort, but the number of people killed by this type of heinous act world wide is relatively tiny (which doesn't diminish the horror at all). Of all the billions of people currently alive on the planet.....

I guess I know that really, its the more the 'when or where does this **** end if at all' aspect of it that's getting me.

Edited by Ingram85

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Not to make light of a tragic event as I'm genuinely angry and upset but that's a hell of a typo.

Cheers. Edited.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

My mate at work is Muslim and when the conversation has turned to acts like this one he has said please don't call them 'Muslim terrorists' because they are not Muslims they are just terrorists, that's all they are. I can assure from any experience I've had with anyone of Muslim faith that 99.9% are just as upset and sickened as everyone else. Got to remember that every race, religion etc has some small minority of right pricks in it. It Is ignorant to judge them all by a few's actions. 

What their religious leaders say in mosques? Do they condemn terrorists? Are their voices heard in everyday life? I'm curious how it looks like, because in Poland muslim minority is very small and mainly integrated since XIV century (Polish Tatars).

47 minutes ago, colhint said:

I think that's a tad unfair, like Muslims, I think the vast majority of Brits are appalled by this and acknowledge that it's a tiny minority.

I don't actually think all British people think that way but, sadly, there's a large undercurrent of people thinking down that line.  I actually wouldn't even describe it as a "tiny minority" because it's not.  It's a sizeable enough amount to swing a vote to leave the EU due to immigration.

I text a mate saying "Bomber was British then" - his reply?  "Libyan descent".  It's the thought that goes through peoples' minds now more than ever - those pesky foreigners.

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't actually think all British people think that way but, sadly, there's a large undercurrent of people thinking down that line.  I actually wouldn't even describe it as a "tiny minority" because it's not.  It's a sizeable enough amount to swing a vote to leave the EU due to immigration.

I text a mate saying "Bomber was British then" - his reply?  "Libyan descent".  It's the thought that goes through peoples' minds now more than ever - those pesky foreigners.

What would they say if it was a white Muslim? Who are we keeping out then?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chakal said:

What their religious leaders say in mosques? Do they condemn terrorists? Are their voices heard in everyday life? I'm curious how it looks like, because in Poland muslim minority is very small and mainly integrated since XIV century (Polish Tatars).

What do the Catholic priests say in church? Do they condemn paedophiles? Are their voices heard in everyday life?

See?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What would they say if it was a white Muslim? Who are we keeping out then?

All Muslims are non-white and foreign.  Don't you know anything?!?

• Like 4

With London and Manchester being attacked recently I am fearful that something could happen here in Birmingham. Its a busy place and you can't guard everything. I always feel uncomfortable in the German Market at Xmas as there are so many people in such a smallish area. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

With London and Manchester being attacked recently I am fearful that something could happen here in Birmingham. Its a busy place and you can't guard everything. I always feel uncomfortable in the German Market at Xmas as there are so many people in such a smallish area. 

It's a matter of time. The vulnerabilities are there.

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Text him back and tell him that he is descended from Africa too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, limpid said:

You could replace Islam/Muslim for any faith in that paragraph I hate that people who claim to be Christian don't do something about the leaders of their sects shielding paedophiles.

Religion is the problem, not a single religion.

True. Let's not hide away and pretend Islam is not the most destructive religion at this present time though. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

True. Let's not hide away and pretend Islam is not the most destructive religion at this present time though. 

In Britain? Are you joking?

Â