E3 2017

Chindie

Microsoft conference is going to run long, beyond their usual 90 mins. Supposedly because they have a few games they wanted to highlight on stage and didn't want to miss out.

Hmm... I can't help thinking Microsoft are going to **** this. There going to do the one media box thing again, aren't they?

They're **** if the don't rock up with knockout exclusives. They can show Forza (because of course they will, every console has a 'ooh shiny' car game to show off the graphics) but otherwise I want new exclusive stuff that blows me away. No Halo. No Gears. New.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Microsoft conference is going to run long, beyond their usual 90 mins. Supposedly because they have a few games they wanted to highlight on stage and didn't want to miss out.

Hmm... I can't help thinking Microsoft are going to **** this. There going to do the one media box thing again, aren't they?

They're **** if the don't rock up with knockout exclusives. They can show Forza (because of course they will, every console has a 'ooh shiny' car game to show off the graphics) but otherwise I want new exclusive stuff that blows me away. No Halo. No Gears. New.

I really don't see them doing the media thing again. Since Spencer became the head of Xbox, the whole ethos of Xbox has been games and nothing more. I think they learnt a lot from the TV, TV, TV E3. They've completely ditched the Kinect too.

They've confirmed there's no Halo, it's unlikely Gears will be there (as one out last year), so I can only assume they've got some new IP to talk about if they think it's going to run?

I can't see them spending too much time on Scorpio, I don't think that would go down well. 

It's a really interesting conference for MS, if they haven't got something special up their sleeve then they're a bit ****. 

Edited by PieFacE

15 minute demos and presentations of games that we already know are coming

they need about 5 new games to be announced imo forza I'll look incredible but we all know what it's about, crackdown will be technically brilliant but we've seen it, if sea of thieves didn't grab you 2 years ago then it won't now, after that you're talking cuphead...

i think this E3 in general could be full of things we've seen before, not sure how many genuine surprises there will be

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I can't see them spending too much time on Scorpio, I don't think that would go down well. 

They won't talk explicitly about Scorpio for that long maybe 15-20 minutes, but the entire show will likely be all Scorpio be it showing off games running on Scorpio, or anything else they have planned with Scorpio.

9 hours ago, Daweii said:

They won't talk explicitly about Scorpio for that long maybe 15-20 minutes, but the entire show will likely be all Scorpio be it showing off games running on Scorpio, or anything else they have planned with Scorpio.

Oh yeah every game will be running on Scorpio. I cant wait. They are streaming it in 4k too.... should be a good one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Oh yeah every game will be running on Scorpio. I cant wait. They are streaming it in 4k too.... should be a good one!

Yeah lots of gameplay what with the conference running over the usual 90 minute allotted time. 

I still think Sony will take home the best conference award yet again this year, but I hope Microsoft make it a closer contest than they have for years.

22 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Yeah lots of gameplay what with the conference running over the usual 90 minute allotted time. 

I still think Sony will take home the best conference award yet again this year, but I hope Microsoft make it a closer contest than they have for years.

Yeah Sony have the better games to show off by far. Just hope Microsoft can put up a bit of a fight... competition is good for both platforms. 

• Like 1

So what is everyone hoping to see at E3 this year? This is a chance to get as realistic or as unrealistic with your hopes, dreams and wishes as you like..

I'll start;

EA;

• Gameplay of Visceral Games 'Star Wars' project. We saw like 2 seconds of "in-engine" last year, but it's out in 2018 I think more needs to be seen now.
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II extensive multiplayer - Likely a massive 40 player match involving streamers and celebrities.
  • FIFA 18 "The Journey: Season Two" gameplay shown off - More talk about how revolutionary this new one is over the last one.
  • NFL 18 - See above - Same old, same old presentation for all of EA's sports games. It's the worst part of their conferences every year.
  • Maybe a new IP, but this is EA they rarely take risks these days - Would be a nice surprise if something turns up. 

Microsoft;

• Extensive gameplay of State of Decay 2 - The predecessor was a janky but great survival game and the sequel has me curious.
  • Gameplay of Crackdown 3 working as they intended it to work as outlined by 'cloud compute' demo's 3 years ago.
  • Several trailers of either "in-engine" or gameplay footage of new IP in development.
  • Forza 7 gameplay utilising the power of Scorpio to its fullest. I want Microsoft to push some games as if the mandatory Xbox One version doesn't exist.
  • Detailed Scorpio break-down with 1:1 comparisons of Xbox One footage to show how Scorpio improves things.

Bethesda;

• Wolfenstein: The New Colossus gameplay. It was teased in a boot up sequence for Quake last year, it needs to be at E3 this year.
  • Fallout 4 VR gameplay. AMD's VP claims Fallout 4 VR is an "Industry Changer" like Mario and Sonic were - I say prove it.  
  • Starfield? It's been rumoured online - Some clearings in the woods created some false images for it linking it to Elder Scrolls, but I am holding out for it to actually be legit.
  • If Starfield is legit I expect it will likely have a release date in November 2017 (Same strategy used for Fallout 4).
  • Quake Champions final release date and a trailer.

Sony;

• God of War extended gameplay. Likely to give more of an idea what kind of game it is - Likely an open world game, just a hunch.
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II single player gameplay - EA will be showing off the multiplayer extensively at their EA Play tomorrow.
  • Call of Duty: WWII single player gameplay - Maybe some multiplayer, depends how much time Sony want to give it.
  • Destiny 2 talk - Likely talk of console bundles and exclusive timed DLC - Not sure about new gameplay as 60 minutes has already been shown off.
  • Insomniac Games Spider-Man will show of extended gameplay this year I believe. If they don't I'll be surprised.
  • Bloodborne 2 or Demon's Souls 2 to be unveiled as one of the games From Software have been working on - I would love a Demon's Souls 2.
  • The Last of Us 2 extensive gameplay - The biggest hype generator of last years E3 is surely returning this year for more.
  • In-engine or gameplay of some new IP in the pipeline. Sony's lineup is already stacked, but I have a feeling Sony have more planned.  

UbiSoft;

• FarCry 5 extensive gameplay - I think this one is a nailed on certainty given the trailer we already have.
  • Assassins Creed: Origins will be getting extensive gameplay as well - This game is the worst kept secret since all of last years E3, I just wanna see it now.
  • South Park: Fractured But Whole extensive gameplay - The game finally has a release date, but some more gameplay wouldn't hurt.
  • Just Dance 2018 - It's always at E3 so I'd be shocked if it misses this year.
  • Rainbow Six: Siege 2 staged gameplay - Do they risk derailing an already successful game still played by millions? I think they might.
  • Some new IP - UbiSoft have been good with creating IP, they aren't always the best games, but they always try new things.

I went more on the realistic side of the fence. My only unrealistic shouts are likely 'Starfield' and 'Bloodborne 2/Demon's Souls 2'. Though even if most of these don't happen I am sure I will still enjoy the conferences this year. 

think you've pretty much got it, would add - 

Sony - horizon DLC, resident evil 2 remake, they need a big VR title and to have developed dreams a lot more,depending on what deal they have with from software they could end up showing armoured core too

Microsoft - an incredible cyberpunk 2077 trailer gets dropped in 4k on scorpio, cuphead date, sea of thieves rubbish, i dont know if they will do some kind of spin off to halo or gears, dead rising 4, new tomb raider

Nintendo - snes classic, bring back one of the mega franchises, could be metroid

Ubisoft - splinter cell

for me out of what we know its the visceral star wars game that im sat saying please be good but cyberpunk could "steal" the show

my annual personal wish of new onimusha, kung fu chaos, timesplitters, ZOE, games is not going to happen again

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Daweii said:

So what is everyone hoping to see at E3 this year? This is a chance to get as realistic or as unrealistic with your hopes, dreams and wishes as you like...

Oh, OK.

Agent

• Like 1

Slightly more serious answer -

I would like to have a really good laugh at the Mario x Rabbids game

I'd like to see new trailers for FFVIIR and KH3 purely to mark the **** out for about 30 seconds, before the realisation that the games won't be out til god knows when hits me

Two things I'm curious about given their recent, possibly unexpected, success in the west - Sega's Yakuza 6 and Yakuza 1 remake, and everything from Atlus, but specifically 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - more gameplay and such

Ni No Kuni 2 stuff

The one thing that would get me really excited, and has only been rumoured so far, with not a hint of truth - Harry Potter RPG from Warner Bros.

@hogso I'd be down for new trailers for FFVIIR and KH3 even though both are reportedly still in very early development. I just wanna know both projects still exist even if they aren't coming out for another decade.

@villa4europe Max Payne 4 now that's something I hadn't thought about. It's been a while since Rockstar Games developed two games at once despite owning nine studios. I'd love to have Max Payne 4 or GTA 6 or something else to look forward to as well as Red Dead Redemption 2. I'd even take another Bully or Manhunt, I just like Rockstar's games as even their bad ones are better than most games.

PS. @hogso I really wish they would add a new story to GTA V. GTA IV got two new single player campaigns that were brilliant. I am super happy for those that love GTA Online, but those that aren't too fond of it are getting shafted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

What are the times for the UK streams?

Done in 24 hour clock format as a few are in the early hours

June 10 - EA 20.00

June 11 - Microsoft 22.00

June 12 - Bethesda 05.00

June 12 - Ubisoft 21.00

June 13 - Sony 02.00

Seems to be the same as ever, EA/MS/Ubisoft go early in the USA meaning the times are sensible in Europe but Sony just aim for Early Evening US/Midday Japan and forget that Europe exists

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

Â