E3 2017

Chindie

Scorpio can't really have a great lineup on it's own though can it, as like the ps4 pro all it does is make current/upcoming games look/run better.

Stuff like forza horizon 3 already looks very good on the xbox one-s upscaled with HDR on a 4k screen and unless you are watching any of the trailers they release (rather than the crappy livestream) on a 4k screen you will not notice any difference anyway :/

Sure it is "the most powerful" console but when it is essentially just an upgrade with no exclusives it is going to be a hard sell to the masses.

This is speaking as someone who will be buying one day 1...

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Scorpio can't really have a great lineup on it's own though can it, as like the ps4 pro all it does is make current/upcoming games look/run better.

Scorpio itself can't have a great lineup, but it can have a great launch with great games if Microsoft announce them. Yes these games would also be for Xbox One, but the main issue is it has no games planned for this year. So while the Scorpio is solely to run games better any games shown off at E3 need to be showing off the Scorpio features. The future of Xbox is Scorpio so this E3 needs to talk about every game as if Scorpio is the main system. 

11 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

here's how much shinier & smoother games could now look, unless you're playing multiplayer where the frame rate will be gimped to match the standard xbox one from 4 years ago.

Multiplayer won't be gimped. There's no parity clauses in their games. The devs get to choose.

I think Microsoft are going for the multi-platform gamers like myself who like shiny new things (native 4k being a huge attraction to me)

I don't really play exclusives, Horizon and Halo are the only ones I have this gen (Oh and Uncharted 4 which was shite)

There will be Sea Of Thieves which i'm completely not sold on, Forza... and err.... I'm guessing some announcements of new IP's?

Oh Crackdown 3. I didn't really think the first two were any good, but MS seem to have hyped it up over the years. Guessing they delayed it when Phil Spencer took over so it could get a Scorpio release.

Edited by PieFacE

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Oh Crackdown 3. I didn't really think the first two were any good, but MS seem to have hyped it up over the years. Guessing they delayed it when Phil Spencer took over so it could get a Scorpio release.

They delayed it because the tech behind it is very complex.

Crackdown 3 uses cloud compute to offer theoretically limitless computation power and memory.

Now Microsoft got this tech working years ago and it works phenomenally well, but such tech requires work to make it accessible to everyone.

If the plan has stayed the same then Crackdown 3 will have the best destruction we will likely see for years, but it comes with a cost and that is a long development time. 

In case you or anyone haven't seen the pre-alpha demo footage showing the cloud compute in action, I will link it below.

The Crackdown 3 stuff was always very impressive, but my cynic is always say there looking for the limitation and, frankly, screaming 'there's no way this  will actually fill this expectation'.

Still, it's a shoe in for Scorpio demo you'd imagine, so we'll see.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Multiplayer won't be gimped. There's no parity clauses in their games. The devs get to choose.

I can not see any dev ever having different frame rates for multiplayer. Players not playing on scorpio simply wouldn't have a chance.

Hapens on PC i know when they have uncapped FPS which generally means the people with the best setup have a huge advantage before the game even starts

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I can not see any dev ever having different frame rates for multiplayer. Players not playing on scorpio simply wouldn't have a chance.

Hapens on PC i know when they have uncapped FPS which generally means the people with the best setup have a huge advantage before the game even starts

Microsoft have stated that they will not force developers to uphold parity within games, but they also don't think any developer will actually allow an online disparity between Scorpio and Xbox One. 

PC is a free for all because no one inherently owns the PC platform. Yes Microsoft supply 90% of computers with Windows, but that doesn't grant them ownership and without ownership there are no rules. Personally I prefer the way it is on PC, I like that hardware upgrades actually mean something, but I can understand how the PC model of inherent performance disparity may not work on Console.

I do think that Sony and Microsoft need to think long and hard about the future of Consoles. Mid-generation hardware increases are great, but customers will start to question the point of them if the increases only make a big difference in single player. Microsoft and Sony are trying to re-write what it is to be a Console, but I think it's going to be a bumpy ride until they truly figure it out. 

53 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The Crackdown 3 stuff was always very impressive, but my cynic is always say there looking for the limitation and, frankly, screaming 'there's no way this  will actually fill this expectation'.

Still, it's a shoe in for Scorpio demo you'd imagine, so we'll see.

Yeah, the limitation is the bandwidth it needs to run, if this tech requires more than 2-4mb/s of download to be usable then there will be lots of people struggling to play Crackdown 3. I personally think that for those that meet all criteria the destruction will work as planned, but the internet is a fickle and inconsistent beast so it'll be interesting to see how it works out in the wild. 

Xbox desperately need exclusives. I can't see a really valid reason to buy a Scorpio if there are no games to really unlock its potential.

Third Party Developers aren't going to spend years optimising their game to all 4 consoles so you'll only really get to see what the console can do with exclusives of which there are currently none. Crackdown looks like Just Cause with better physics. And that could be fun but it's not convincing anybody to pay £3-400 on a console. Sea Of Thieves will be shite

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

For the Scorpio maybe an Alan wake 2 announcement with some crazy lighting effects, I really like the first game

Unfortunately for Microsoft they don't own the Alan Wake IP. Microsoft published Alan Wake back in the day, but part of the publishing deal was that Remedy Entertainment retained the rights to the Alan Wake licence. More bad news for Microsoft on this front is that Remedy is working on a new game, but it won't be Xbox exclusive, Remedy are working on their first multi-platform game since Max Payne 2 titled Project 7 (working title). So while Microsoft are in much need of games, their close partner of recent years Remedy will not be providing assistance any time soon. 

Shenmue III will not be at E3 at all according to the latest dev update.

Sony have announced that they are showing their E3 conference at 85 cinemas across America/Canada & latin america

Tickets are free & you can get them from playstation.com tomorrow

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/playstation-e3-experience-2017-announced

Sony Interactive Entertainment America has announced plans for its PlayStation E3 movie theater experience this year. On June 12, over 85 theaters across the United States, Canada, and Latin America will broadcast Sony’s E3 2017 press conference.

Attendees will take home an exclusive poster and #76 from the PlayStation Collectable Card series.

Tickets will be available free of charge at PlayStation.com starting May 30 at 10:00 a.m. PT while supplies last on a first-come, first-served basis. Sony notes that you should arrive early if you get a ticket, as receiving a ticket does not guarantee you a seat. You must be 17 years of age or older to attend.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

I wish the Sony conference was shown at a better time as I would love something like that here in the UK.

You could always goto EA play if you want something in the UK, Not quite the same but plenty to see if you can fight your way through the dickheads.

As long as E3 is staged in LA the 8 hour time difference always means that UK times will be a bit late as not many companies are going to make their grand yearly announcement at 8am

• Like 1

@LakotaDakota That's true I think I'd go to that if EA had much that interested me currently. I know they have BioWare Edmonton working on 'Project Daniel', but I can't see that being officially unveiled and playable at the same event. I'm looking forward to Battlefront II, but again I can wait for that.. I'll just stick with watching these conferences live in the comfort of my home I think :P 

Â