E3 2017

Chindie

Had my first game of Sea Of Thieves yesterday, if you haven't got a mic or aren't playing with 4 friends then don't bother. What a mess. No direction on what you're supposed to do at all, no commorose chat system... no one had a **** clue what to do, just wasted 30 minutes dicking around.

Not even any direction on how to get the ship sailing ffs :lol:

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 03:52, Daweii said:

Sony slayed. Their show was concise and focused. The show wasn't as hard hitting as last year, but they didn't let anyone down I don't think except those with absurdly high expectations.

• Uncharted: Lost Legacy - The stream sound was bugged so nothing could be heard, but the game looked pretty and looks fun. 
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds - This looked like Horizon with snow. I have yet to play Horizon, but it's nice to see DLC waiting for me.
  • Days Gone - This game still looks very good and I can't wait to see how it pans out. It seems pretty generic, but maybe its story is magic.
  • Monster Hunter Worlds - Holy shit! Monster Hunter is free from the grasps of Nintendo and it looks epic! (This is also for Xbox One and PC, not exclusive)
  • Shadow of the Colossus - This moment blew me away. I had heard on the grapevine this was a thing, but I was unsure if it would materialise.
  • Call of Duty: World War II - Call of Duty has gone back to its roots and it looked neat. Gave me World at War vibes which is good news.
  • Destiny 2 - It's Destiny, if you love it, you love it and if you don't, you don't. Everyone has already made their mind up here. I'm personally excited.

Sony showed a selection of VR titles. The standouts for me were;

• Skyrim VR - Yes, Sony have nailed down Skyrim VR. Huge acquisition from Sony for that platform. 
  •  
  •  
  • The Inpatient - A psychological thriller. This game looked very good, very dark and very atmospheric. This game looked special.
  • Moss - One of the cutest games of E3 see's the player controlling a mouse. The game looked like Zelda if Link was a mouse.

Back to the main proceedings;

• God of War - This still looks super pretty, but I'm not sure what it's aiming for. The story intrigues me, but the game itself I have no idea right now. 
  • Detroit - I think this is going to be David Cage's masterpiece. Everything about this feels like a culmination of everything he's ever made. I can't wait for this.
  • Spider-Man - This game is stylish as ****. The animations in this game are on point and the gameplay looks sublime. Super cinematic and so well done. 

All in all this conference wasn't as good as last year, but last year was special and we're seeing the result of that this year. I think in 2018 when Days Gone, Monster Hunter, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Detroit and Spider-Man are all launching we'll realise just how good this conference was. Taken by itself this conference was the best conference of E3 2017 and I am beyond satisfied with what they showed.

Maybe I'm alone on this but I thought Sony was pretty boring.

The only thing that stood out for me were God Of War and Monster Hunter. Maybe the SotC remake but that's still a game that was remastered only a few years ago. And the original still holds up fine too.

I'm still sold on Detroit but I didn't think this was a good E3 showing. It looked better in previous trailers

8 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Maybe I'm alone on this but I thought Sony was pretty boring.

The only thing that stood out for me were God Of War and Monster Hunter. Maybe the SotC remake but that's still a game that was remastered only a few years ago. And the original still holds up fine too.

I'm still sold on Detroit but I didn't think this was a good E3 showing. It looked better in previous trailers

I didn't find it boring. I thought that it may have been poorly balanced, I don't think that dropping Monster Hunter 5 (Worlds) as the 4th reveal of the show helped at all. I know that game is multi-platform so they likely wouldn't have ended the show with it, but it definitely made everything after it feel less huge or at least less exciting. The overall show though I felt was good, it wasn't as good as 2016, but that was likely always going to be impossible to top.

It's been a fairly low key E3 this year. You'd not have thought that given a new console was being revealed, a new mainline Mario, Sony showing off stuff that they hinted at last year...

But it really has been a damp squib IMO. Wolfenstein probably my highlight.

Â