E3 2017

Chindie

7drHiqr.gif

We're still a bit away from E3 but as is increasingly traditional loads of stuff is being revealed early - Ubisoft seems to have more or less revealed everything they've got already with Far Cry 5 and the Crew 2 etc etc.

Anywho... It should be a big year. The PS4 Pro needs to show its real worth, Microsoft need to blow everyone away with Scorpio, and more or less anything else they've got, and Nintendo will just do what they do last year but switch (badumtish) Zelda for weird Mario game.

It might be biggest E3 in some time.

It might be a car crash. Especially from Microsoft. If Scorpio isn't a slam dunk, they dun **** it. If the stuff they show on it isn't spectacular, they dun **** it. If the price isn't competitive, they dun **** it.

Popcorn, ladies and gentlemen.

Ladies? :lol:

I see the Ubisoft teaser for Farcry 5 appears to suggest a modern day setting in Montana, and alledgedly involves a fight against a religious cult. Curious to say the least.

i think sony has a bit of a hard act to follow, they actually have some good games in the pipeline that have already been announced so they could spend the show just doing titles we all know about, more FF7, GoW, death stranding, LOU2 etc with more gameplay and details

but that would be a bit boring...

1. with spiderman in development i dont see it but id love insomniac to relaunch resistance
  2. new guerilla game
  3. id be amazed if they dont announce bloodbourne 2
  4. new suckerpunch game
  5. borderlands 3
  6. new wolfenstein
  7. what im surprised they havent done already is a shenmue HD collection
  8. resident evil 2 remake, maybe deep down too
  9. that EA star wars game to shown properly and be mind blowing

I think nintendo might announce a new metroid game, they'll also announce a switch remake for smash brothers

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:
  1. id be amazed if they dont announce bloodbourne 2

Bloodborne 2 will be there and if it's not I'll be very very surprised.

The question from me is who's developing it? From Software have been very against the idea of making more Souls/Borne titles, but Sony own the IP.

So I wonder are we going to get a shock reveal by From Software? Or are we going to get a reveal where Bloodborne 2 is shown off by a Sony studio and From Software have no involvement? 

I really hope that if we get Bloodborne 2 that it's by From Software, I fear for the series without them at the helm.

the rumour i heard was that FS have 3 games at E3, 1 of them is a new armoured core game (which ive never really got in to but could that work really well on VR?) so that would leave 2 new IPs? sounds like a stretch

5 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

My wishlist:

1. Virtual console for Switch
2. A new F-Zero 

Yes to both of these.

If they are announcing a RE2 remaster.. How is this news worthy? They've done it... twice now?  I don't care if they rebuild the game using nothing but the layout and audio files from RE2 it shouldn't be getting a mention at E3

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the rumour i heard was that FS have 3 games at E3, 1 of them is a new armoured core game (which ive never really got in to but could that work really well on VR?) so that would leave 2 new IPs? sounds like a stretch

Yeah. The Armored Core one is currently the only confirmed one.

Miyazaki stated that the second game was something fans will be used to (maybe Bloodborne?) and the third was a VR game that would make fans think "what the hell Miyazaki?!".

So there is a chance that Bloodborne 2 has been in the works at From Software for a while. I hope so at least, don't think I'd like a Sony developed version as much. 

3 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Yes to both of these.

If they are announcing a RE2 remaster.. How is this news worthy? They've done it... twice now?  I don't care if they rebuild the game using nothing but the layout and audio files from RE2 it shouldn't be getting a mention at E3

A full remake (like they did with 1 on the GameCube initially) of Resident Evil 2 is definitely newsworthy.

A HD rerelease, not so much.

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

sony could maybe do a segment with crash, shenmue, FF and RE2

Blimey. What does it say about modern gaming that a proposed line up for 2017 sounds like something straight out of the late 90s? Or rather, seeing as we've had one of the best years ever thus far, it probably says more about Sony's current priorities. It's a tad disappointing, even if all 4 look amazing (which they won't - I'm looking at you Shenmue 3).

Edited by hogso

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Have Microsoft actually got anything to announce?

Last game I bought was Forza Horizon 3....

Just this really isn't it?

HEUV5NX.jpg

here's how much shinier & smoother games could now look, unless you're playing multiplayer where the frame rate will be gimped to match the standard xbox one from 4 years ago.

Oh & cuphead will be there again for the 4th year in a row, maybe the game will actually launch sometime before 2020

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Have Microsoft actually got anything to announce?

Last game I bought was Forza Horizon 3....

Microsoft have a lot to announce.

They are unveiling the Xbox Scorpio and if they are smart will be announcing a plethora of games that will take advantage of it.

This E3 is huge for Microsoft so I think they'll bring their A game. 

They have to.

The slightest error, they're ****. The Scorpio has to knock everything out of the park. It has to catch people's attention, be the right price, and have a great lineup. Presumably Crackdown will be one of them, but that needs to put forward something truly great to stand out, as we already know about it.

Â