Shrewsbury a 15th July 15:00

limpid

Aston Villa and Solihull Moors Games Confirmed

Shrewsbury Town have announced their first pre-season games ahead of the 2017/18 season with games against Aston Villa and Solihull Moors.

Town will travel to National League side Solihull Moors on Tuesday 11th July for the game which will have a 7:45pm kick-off.

The following Saturday Town welcome Championship side Aston Villa to the Greenhous Meadow.  The game is scheduled for a 3pm kick-off on Saturday 15th July.

Full match and ticket details for the games will be released in due course.

Read more at http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/2016-17/pre-season-games-3661150.aspx#EHIypSHqGDtJh5JK.99

• 1 month later...

Saturday 15th July 3pm
Allocation 3,760

Prices 
£10 (adults), 
£5 (O65s and U18s) 
Free  for U8s (not available online).

Please also note that Shrewsbury Town will not be selling tickets on the day of the game.

Wednesday June 28 5pm on sale to 2017/18 season ticket holders online via our box office /Thursday June 29 on the phone or in person.

Thursday June 29 5pm on sale to Villa Cash members online via our box office/Friday June 30 on the phone or in person.

On Friday June 30 at 5pm Online/Monday July 3 on the phone or in person General Sale 

The deadline for sales for this fixture is 10am on Friday July 14.

• Like 2

Is this likely to sell out? I haven't been to a friendly in years but seeing as it's my childhood town and my brother still lives there I'd really like to go. I'm a season ticket holder but my brother isn't - am I safe waiting til Friday for general sale do you think?

32 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Is this likely to sell out? I haven't been to a friendly in years but seeing as it's my childhood town and my brother still lives there I'd really like to go. I'm a season ticket holder but my brother isn't - am I safe waiting til Friday for general sale do you think?

No idea if it'll sell out, they'll obviously be a decent turn out, I reckon you'll be ok.

It says one ticket per client reference number and I'd ideally like three tickets. 

Not a season ticket holder, but I've got an ok booking history. If I get them, it won't be until the general sale either way.

I was kinda expecting it to be paying on the door to be honest.

• Like 1

Personally I solved it; my girlfriend (also a ST holder) looked at me gleefully when I suggested she didn't have to go to this one as it was only a friendly so my brother now has her ticket! She normally enjoys it, obviously with a ST, but clearly she enjoys the off season more than me!

Good luck with your ticket purchases on Friday!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

No idea if it'll sell out, they'll obviously be a decent turn out, I reckon you'll be ok.

It says one ticket per client reference number and I'd ideally like three tickets. 

Not a season ticket holder, but I've got an ok booking history. If I get them, it won't be until the general sale either way.

I was kinda expecting it to be paying on the door to be honest.

Should be fine to get tickets when hits general sale be a slow ticket sales. No tickets on the day 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts on how Bruce will approach this match squad wise (apart from negatively ;) )?

Wednesday we saw two teams fielded, with a fair few put through 60+ minutes of game time.

Will that happen again or will we see two teams fielded for each half?

Would like to see a line up similar to

First half:

....…......Johnstone

Bree.Chester.Terry.Amavi

......Veretout.Hourihane

Green.McCormack.Bjarnesson

..............Hogan

Second half:

..................Bunn

...Hutton.Samba.Baker.Taylor

Adomah.Lansbury.Tshibola.Grealish

............Gabby.Davis

28 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Just heading off to this one now.

In non-related team news, I have a fancy-dress themed birthday to attend straight afterwards, so due to time restrictions I'll be watching the game dressed as Super Mario's enemy Wario.

As if you had to explain who Wario is!

Good to see Veretout getting some game time again. Quick trip up the A5 and will be there in 10 mins :)

Swap Green for Adomah (& possibly Veretout for Lansbury) and that is probably the prefered starting line-up with Kodija still injured

Edited by LakotaDakota

Â