Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

3 hours ago, fifamad said:

From Sky

"Southampton forward Sam Gallagher has agreed to join Birmingham on a season-long loan, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News understands Gallagher will undergo a medical later on Monday before signing terms on the deal.

Gallagher, who signed a new four-year deal in August, was also wanted by Aston Villa and Derby." 

As much as that's probably getting the noses wet (if it's even true) he'd be 3rd or 4th choice here, 1st or 2nd there

1 hour ago, fifamad said:

Chamberlain is a quality player you would not want to lose but he's not worthy of nearly 150k a week 

I can understand them not wanting to lose him.

But not to offer him a "huge" payrise on top of what ir probably already a huge salary.

He's ok. I'm sure if he left they could use that huge salary to sign someone better.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fifamad said:

Chamberlain is a quality player you would not want to lose but he's not worthy of nearly 150k a week 

i dont think he's a quality player at all,  he's rode the fact that he's english to put himself in a position he shouldnt be in, he's a squad player, started 16 league games last year and thats in an arsenal team missing ramsey and cazorla for most of it, never properly held a position down, he should have moved to an everton or southampton a few years back to become a star player week in week out, or gone abroad, but he'll get his £150k a week contract at arsenal and if he doesnt he'll go get his £150k contract to be a sub at chelsea instead

why play football when you can get paid mega bucks

the problem arsenal are facing is replacing him, unfortunately the reality is that even as a squad player he'd cost them £40m to replace

edit: in the 6 years he's been at arsenal he's never started 20 league games in a season, only played 130 league games total (start and sub) so averaging under 22 appearances a year

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Chamberlain is Bacuna MKII.

Offers nothing but athleticism. Cannot be trusted in the middle so just put him at wing back out the way!

I did think he was talented at one point but just another guy who is making millions, has no pressure or expectation on him to actually win something for his club. Easy street.

• Like 2

To be fair, the Ox is pretty good in the wingback role of the formation Arsenal now play with. I think this is more of a situation where Arsenal have no replacement if he leaves. The Ox can play left or right wing back. Plus he can slot into CM in a pinch.