Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Boy, that Chelsea move worked out well for him. Who would have thought he would never displace Courtois and would set his career back years?

Everyone. Everyone thought that.

But at least he is slightly richer than he would have been anywhere else. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Boy, that Chelsea move worked out well for him. Who would have thought he would never displace Courtois and would set his career back years?

Everyone. Everyone thought that.

probably still better than coming to Villa that summer as we were his other option

On 2017-5-29 at 09:30, Rodders said:

well what a coup it will be for City to win the title next year, having only spent north of £200mil improving the side over the summer. It's a sporting MIRACLE.

we as villa fans should know that merely spending lots of money doesn't guarantee success.

Aubameyang all but gone to PSG for ~€70m.

It must be frustrating being a Dortmund fan.  Tuchel gone, now him.  Every summer you must fear the worst.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

It must be frustrating being a Dortmund fan.  Tuchel gone, now him.  Every summer you must fear the worst.

That's the life of most football fans though to be fair, few teams go through summers with confidence of retaining their best players.

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That's the life of most football fans though to be fair, few teams go through summers with confidence of retaining their best players.

It seems to be more consistent for them though.  Probably made more obvious by being basically Germany's 2nd team and yet being a feeder for Germany's 1st team.  I can't think of another league that has quite the same blatant arrangement, and at that level, as those 2 clubs :) 

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

It seems to be more consistent for them though.  Probably made more obvious by being basically Germany's 2nd team and yet being a feeder for Germany's 1st team.  I can't think of another league that has quite the same blatant arrangement, and at that level, as those 2 clubs :) 

Southampton to Liverpool :)

I know that isn't exactly the same but I think the principles are similar, the main difference though is the weakness of the rest of the German league compared to Munich.

There is also a deliberate policy by Munich to damage their rival, in a similar way to City initially targeted us and then Arsenal.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

There is also a deliberate policy by Munich to damage their rival

Oh undoubtedly.  They're bullies.  They need to be careful though.  In reality they have no rivals in Germany.  They need to be keeping their eyes further afield and on bigger prizes.  I hope their TV will have excellent reception for Saturday's game :trollface:

2 hours ago, BOF said:

TBF, they're getting a shit load of money for him. He's been on fire for what? Two seasons? 

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

TBF, they're getting a shit load of money for him. He's been on fire for what? Two seasons? 

That's a given.  I only meant fan frustration.  We'll see where they go shopping with it now.

They should be doing it against the 'great' sides in the Premier League cos it's the best league in the world, innit.

Always been a bit skeptical of Cavani to be fair, but he was sensational last season and his international record over the past four years has been exceptional too.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I am sure Dortmund will raid teams  like Monchengladbach or Freiburg for their best players ;) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BOF said:

He'll really develop his skills in that league. 

7 hours ago, BOF said:

They're still got Pulisic and Dembele...for now. Schurle and Reus if he stops getting injured will always chip in with goals. It probably makes sense to just sign a reasonably prolific Bundesliga striker like Modeste or Hernandez as Dortmund have plenty of goals in their team and redirect funds to get in some decent defenders for once.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They should be doing it against the 'great' sides in the Premier League cos it's the best league in the world, innit.

Always been a bit skeptical of Cavani to be fair, but he was sensational last season and his international record over the past four years has been exceptional too.

obviously dont watch him every game but he seems to miss a lot of chances too, in some CL games i saw him he was scoring 1 out of 4/5 chances